Author Topic: Good bike shop for clothing - City of London Area? (-ish)  (Read 734 times)

Good bike shop for clothing - City of London Area? (-ish)
« on: 20 January, 2020, 04:58:21 pm »
Anyone recommend good bike shops for looking at and trying on cycle clothing (specifically winter jackets) in the area around Shoreditch / Spitalfields (Rapha) and as far over as Holborn (Condor).

Thinking of combining a nice lunch somewhere in town with finding myself a jacket where I can try one on. (almost impossible out in the sticks)

Re: Good bike shop for clothing - City of London Area? (-ish)
« Reply #1 on: 20 January, 2020, 05:53:39 pm »
Cafe du Cycliste (a clothing brand that doesn’t sell coffee) have a shop roughly across the street from Rapha. Otherwise I think it’s thin pickings.

« Reply #2 on: 20 January, 2020, 05:55:11 pm »
Apart from the 2 you mention, there’s Cycle Surgery in Spitalfields and Cycle Republic down towards the Monument. Condor is a good bet though.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #3 on: 20 January, 2020, 05:56:55 pm »
Cycle Surgery has ceased to be. I think some of the remaining branches might be doing clearances, though AFAIK the Spitalfields one is completely shut.

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #4 on: 20 January, 2020, 06:51:49 pm »
Cafe du cycliste stuff does look good I have to say. Saw a very nifty looking textured jersey on Saturday, I was jelly.

Other than that...

Assos of Switzerland have a shop in St James. It's expensive but it's the dogs danglies. Bespoke Cycles have 2 shops which might be worth a look at. They stock 7mesh.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.