Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2458235 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22600 on: 04 April, 2019, 09:12:55 am »
Agree, could be constructive dismissal.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22601 on: 04 April, 2019, 02:06:26 pm »
Waiting for the idiot who keeps ringing barakta's phone from a private number to try again so I can determine whether they're a hospital or a spammer, and lecture them about the Accessible Information Standard or tell them to get to fuck, respectively.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #22602 on: 04 April, 2019, 02:35:27 pm »
Waiting for the idiot who keeps ringing barakta's phone from a private number to try again so I can determine whether they're a hospital or a spammer, and lecture them about the Accessible Information Standard or tell them to get to fuck, respectively.

GGGRRRRRUUUUUMBLE!

« Reply #22603 on: 04 April, 2019, 03:40:39 pm »
That's pretty crap, Tiermat, hope things work out.

Over here, I'm contemplating the choice of catching up with three weeks of work mail, or yacf.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #22604 on: 04 April, 2019, 06:22:52 pm »
Disappointing people across the globe.

Today I received an email informing me that people "in 3 countries have visited" my profile on academia.edu - a site on which I am only a consumer, not a contributor.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #22605 on: 04 April, 2019, 11:55:48 pm »
Awaiting David's return from Guildford.
I did tell him there were fast and slow trains 'twixt Waterloo & Guildford and I think I managed to advise him of a rapid outward service.

If he had applied a little thought, he could have been home sooner...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22606 on: 06 April, 2019, 12:54:22 am »
Barakta needs to decontaminate herself after exposure to smokers before we can go to bed, so I've powered up three generations of eTrexen and am waiting to see how they handle the week number overflow.

ETA: They all handled it, even the Legend that would only get a signal if left outside.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22607 on: 06 April, 2019, 02:33:23 pm »
Well, I didn’t think I’d need to BOOK the ferry! Now on standby for the 15:15 over the sea to Skye.

The think is, had I booked the ferry, I would have booked on the 16:00 in any case because, you know, contingency.

Remarkably, I am NOT in the dog house 🤭
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22608 on: 06 April, 2019, 03:22:59 pm »
Roughing out a bass guitar design.  I have various chunks of mahogany, pearwood and a bit of rather tatty ash available but both mahogany & pearwood are in 20mm-thick boards so I'm going to have to make a sandwich, e.g. 10mm of ash between two layers of mahogany for the body. Etc.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #22609 on: 06 April, 2019, 04:39:17 pm »
Roughing out a bass guitar design.  I have various chunks of mahogany, pearwood and a bit of rather tatty ash available but both mahogany & pearwood are in 20mm-thick boards so I'm going to have to make a sandwich, e.g. 10mm of ash between two layers of mahogany for the body. Etc.

It's a good job it's tatty and not notty, otherwise you'd only be able to make a guitar for a diddy man.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22610 on: 06 April, 2019, 04:48:30 pm »

What's it going to look like, painted, or just laquered to show the grain?  I'd love to be able to play bass.

As for me, grumbling about my back, caused an early exit from todays 100 at 65km.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #22611 on: 06 April, 2019, 05:30:17 pm »
Drinking Bucks Fizz.  Well Prosecco with blood-orange juice. Mmm.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #22612 on: 06 April, 2019, 05:53:56 pm »
I can't believe I'm saying this. Watching Sharknado. My life is.... Complete. Or something.

ElyDave

« Reply #22613 on: 06 April, 2019, 06:31:42 pm »
I can't believe I'm saying this. Watching Sharknado. My life is.... Complete. Or something.

Followed by sharknado 2, 3...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22614 on: 06 April, 2019, 06:35:15 pm »

See the film thread for why that's a terrible idea.  The first one is silly enough to be entertaining.  The others are well into "I watched it so you don't have to".

ElyDave

« Reply #22615 on: 06 April, 2019, 07:04:19 pm »

See the film thread for why that's a terrible idea.  The first one is silly enough to be entertaining.  The others are well into "I watched it so you don't have to".

I didn't say it was a good idea...

« Reply #22616 on: 06 April, 2019, 07:36:05 pm »

Without that, I don't think I would have bothered, I confess I larfed. Loud.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #22617 on: 07 April, 2019, 01:23:33 pm »
Watching a very dark version of Sabrina the Teenaged Witch

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #22618 on: 07 April, 2019, 02:09:08 pm »
Waiting for partner to come down for breakfast...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22619 on: 07 April, 2019, 03:28:35 pm »
Drinking tea and eating an oatcake. Not simultaneously, though.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22620 on: 07 April, 2019, 07:11:43 pm »
Watching the last ferry of the day recede into the distance.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

lou boutin

« Reply #22621 on: 07 April, 2019, 07:15:44 pm »
Still watching a dark version of Sabrina, coughing a lot and losing my voice again.  I only got my voice back on Friday.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22622 on: 07 April, 2019, 07:26:31 pm »
Still watching a dark version of Sabrina, coughing a lot and losing my voice again.  I only got my voice back on Friday.
Which version is that.

« Reply #22623 on: 07 April, 2019, 07:30:00 pm »
Which version is that.

Sounds like Lou's watching the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix, which started running late last year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilling_Adventures_of_Sabrina_(TV_series)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

lou boutin

« Reply #22624 on: 07 April, 2019, 07:53:16 pm »
I am most upset that Salem doesn't speak in this version.