Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2452385 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22750 on: 17 September, 2019, 07:05:19 pm »
In a restaurant, wondering what the"lekkebekje" will turn out to be.

It's a special, sand indications are that it will be fish (from the sauce) . Time and taste will tell.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #22751 on: 19 September, 2019, 06:42:43 pm »
Praying the bus comes soon, I really don't want to do taxi driver conversation.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #22752 on: 19 September, 2019, 06:45:40 pm »
Hooray!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #22753 on: 24 September, 2019, 03:20:30 pm »
I'm lining the streets of Harrogate.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #22754 on: 28 September, 2019, 03:04:33 am »
Gazing glumly into the top of a mug of coffee as I wait for Mrs B to come downstairs.  At 3.30am I drive her to collect her chum and then take them to Cardiff airport.
Aren't I  nice?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #22755 on: 28 September, 2019, 03:08:01 am »
Yes
It is simpler than it looks.

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #22756 on: 28 September, 2019, 03:09:12 am »
Go to bed!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #22757 on: 28 September, 2019, 03:14:45 am »
 ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #22758 on: 28 September, 2019, 03:36:02 am »
Waiting for my airport transfer and expecting a lot of security checks...
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22759 on: 28 September, 2019, 06:45:50 am »
Watching the pumas maul the sea eagles
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #22760 on: 29 September, 2019, 06:55:06 pm »
Just finished the ironing.

Oh yes, read it and weep.

This being the fault of my wife, who's chuckling it up. I had to facetime her to prove it. And she cackled like something proper evil. I'm seeing her true face. She washed a batch of my trousers, seemingly on purpose. Normally, I'd take them one of those special shops that wash your clothes, iron them, and make them smell nice before putting them into a nice plastic bag. Which I then roll up and stuff into a bike pannier. But she washed them herself and they turned out all creased.

I've been putting this off for weeks (months, I actually went and bought some new trousers in the interim) but today was the day. Unearthing the iron from the bottom of the cupboard was like an Indiana Jones adventure, enlivened by another habit of my spouse, and that's tidying the house by simply moving the mess out of sight, which means opening any cupboard is fraught, because that's where she had been cramming the mess. And why do we have 32 rolls of kitchen towel? What kind of catastrophe is going to need that level of soakage? There's also about 100,000,000 M&S bags for life in there. Anyway, iron retrieved, promising 'turbo glide' which sounded more exciting than ironing should be. Then I had to find the ironing board but I knew that was in the IT-shame cupboard under the stairs, I knew this because it fell on me every time I open the door. Unfortunately, it had spontaneous disassembled.

Somehow it all came together and I turbo-glided my way through six pairs of trousers. That sounds a bit wrong, but I did. It wasn't all as bad as I remembered from the last time I ironed anything, and I think I had to get married that time. Some thumping tunes and heavy use of the steam setting until the kitchen looked and sounded like a rock concert.

Don't say this boy don't know how to have fun.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #22761 on: 01 October, 2019, 05:41:15 pm »
Just finished my VAT returns, the ones for the quarter that ended yesterday :o  I've never been that organised before and I very much doubt it'll happen again.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #22762 on: 03 October, 2019, 03:04:10 pm »
Feeling seriously ill after a one hour tussle with modern dentistry.  :sick: (Removal of an old crown, and preparation of the stump for the new one). Considering a nap.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22763 on: 03 October, 2019, 04:26:45 pm »
Feeling seriously ill after a one hour tussle with modern dentistry.  :sick: (Removal of an old crown, and preparation of the stump for the new one). Considering a nap.

Dental anaesthetics have always (well, since I've been an adult) had that effect on me.  Not helped by the fact that I tend to need quite a lot of it to achieve a fairly poor result.  I generally plan to sleep them off for the subsequent 24 hours, and if I feel less terrible, it's a bonus.

(The other advantage of being asleep is you tend not to try to eat anything.)

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #22764 on: 03 October, 2019, 04:33:43 pm »
I've decided that I've got bruised ribs. I got them last Friday night, and did a 200 with them on Sunday. Pain from deep breaths and using my right arm has hung around since then. So I'm lying around on my arse hoping the recovery speeds up.
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

Ban cars.

ian

« Reply #22765 on: 03 October, 2019, 10:23:11 pm »
I have been through Didcot twice this week, so I'm having a bit of a calm down and finding new tunes to purchase on the internets. I avoided unnecessary Didcot exposure by taking the Marylebone route to Oxford in the mornings. Chockful of Chinese, all headed to Bicester Shopping Village. I must say, I don't really understand travelling several thousand miles to visit a retail park to buy goods that will mostly be labelled 'made in China' but I'm more often than not at a variance with the rest of the world.

Reminds me, how is Marylebone supposed to be pronounced anyway? TfL doesn't seem agreed either. Mar-le-bone or Maryl-lee-bone. Ms Bakerloo line seems to prefer the former, but she's been trapped down there for years, so may have gone a bit wonky. I don't trust the train spirits, no matter how well-spoken they are. Seriously, you take the spook lady announcer from the Jubilee line out of her tunnel and she just yells 'FINCHLEY PARK!' at strangers. That was a terrible date. I've not been back to Chicken Cottage since.

Dentists, by the way, one you're suitably anaesthetised, pull on alien masks and interfere with you.

« Reply #22766 on: 08 October, 2019, 02:26:08 pm »
We are juicing some of the apples (mostly Egremont Russets seeing as how you asked).

Mrs M is peeling them (I know, I know), and I'm operating the machine, because I'm a real man, and it's a centrifuge, and stuff. (Actually it's a puny food processor, but it does the job quite well).

She's got down to the tiny windfalls, and I've told her it's not really worth peeling them / juicing them at all - Mrs M says "Leave me alone, I'm happy"

If that's the face of happiness - we're doomed I tell you. We're all doomed.

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #22767 on: 09 October, 2019, 09:10:49 pm »
Watching Hardllpoo Untied flooring to Stockport, which for some reason is being shown live in the pub.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22768 on: 09 October, 2019, 09:40:39 pm »
Making up some BHPC race results.

« Reply #22769 on: 17 October, 2019, 05:27:32 pm »
Once again - Feeling seriously ill after a one hour tussle with modern dentistry.  :sick: I've had a nap - the temporary crown was giving me severe pain, and there wasn't enough of a lump left to attempt root canal stuff - so out it came. In little pieces.
Mrs M is making me watch fricking Pointless.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #22770 on: 17 October, 2019, 09:15:42 pm »
Cringing  :-[ while listening to the sound of my own voice, while watching a video presentation on photo editing software I've put together for my local photography club's Member's Night... 

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22771 on: 18 October, 2019, 12:42:32 am »
decompressing after getting home at midnight

I'll head to bed in ten mins or so
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #22772 on: 18 October, 2019, 09:44:07 am »
Sitting in Frankfurt airport contemplating that a 15% barrel-aged stout perhaps wasn't the best way to kick-off yesterday evening's festivities, but it did taste nice.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22773 on: 18 October, 2019, 01:13:45 pm »
Sounds like Andechser.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22774 on: 18 October, 2019, 01:17:01 pm »
Waiting for backup scripts and watching the first all-female spacewalk.