Author Topic: Anyone want to join our charity cycling Tour de France trip?  (Read 2546 times)

Anyone want to join our charity cycling Tour de France trip?
« on: 01 February, 2013, 05:28:51 pm »
 Hey guys,

Last year I cycled 5 mountain stages of the Tour de France for charity and want as many people to join me as possible this year, especially as it's the 100th one! We'll be both cycling and watching stages of this year's tour. Details are in the images below. This isn't a commercial post. I simply want as many people to experience this incredible experience as possible. All I'd ask is that you'd be comfortable with cycling for 1 charity that we all decide upon.

We shall be cycling a number of past and present stages, along with watching 3 key stages this year. These are stages 15 (Mont Ventoux), 18 (Alpe-D'Huez), and 21 (Paris). I won't know exact costs per person, but I would be surprised if we have to pay more than £500 - 750 each, including petrol, toll road fees, accommodation etc.

Underneath are small write-ups of each day of cycling, plus links to the videos of my charity ride last July, to give you an idea of what an amazing experience it will be!

Itinerary:

1st day of cycling:

2nd day of cycling:

3rd day of cycling:

4th day of cycling:

5th day of cycling:

6th day of cycling:

7th day of cycling:

8th day of cycling:

9th day of cycling:

July 2012 charity ride links:

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

Stage 4:

Stage 5:

Re: Anyone want to join our charity cycling Tour de France trip?
« Reply #1 on: 01 February, 2013, 07:43:15 pm »
Sounds interesting.  Is there a requirement to raise a certain level of sponsorship as well as the £figure you mention?

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2 on: 01 February, 2013, 08:46:23 pm »
Nice trip, and a bit different from lejog of l2p.

A word to the wise, though, if you had looked harder you would have seen there is a Sportives and Charity Rides sub-board, thia topic most certainly belongs there, please move it (button is in the bottom right, only available to the person who starts the topic)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3 on: 01 February, 2013, 09:14:10 pm »
Hi 'Lordy',

There's no minimum amount required. I'm thinking along the lines of choosing a charity that we can all ride for and whatever amount we all manage to raise together will be great! :)

Sounds interesting.  Is there a requirement to raise a certain level of sponsorship as well as the £figure you mention?