Author Topic: A random thread for food things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 512635 times)

Ah. Yes. Barbecues.

To be scrupulously fair, the risk of post-BBQ corporeal explosion is close to certainty.

ian

Did you watch Ed Miliband eating a bacon sandwich?

Oh god, is this another weird p0rn niche I've yet to stumble into? I blame the webcams.

I'm not sure if this is the corollary of Ham's BBQs (he's never invited me, can't think why), they all sit around and live stream the Miliband brothers eating a range of sandwiches. Rounds of slow, slow mastication.

My long-ago ex's father was Jewish, but he was about as unorthodox as you can get. Mind you, her mother was a (lapsed) Mennonite, so I'm not sure what it made her. Well, a librarian, as I recall.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
One is pogged. Just before noon a chappie from the council delivered a bunch of foil & plastic dishes containing the meal that would usually be served at the Village Old Folks' Knees-Up,* covidancelled this year. Jeezus wept, if they eat those quantities every day it's a bloody wonder there are any ahem elderly left to feed.  I ended up feeding thick slices of steamed tongue to the dogs.

* as in I'll put a knee up anyone who calls me old. I'm merely the same age as some elderly people.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
My Dad (90) is old.

My Mum is 85 next month. Sometimes she needs to be reminded she was born in 1936...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Filled chocolates: they're mostly crap, aren't they?

This post might have been unduly influenced by the unexpected receipt of a large tin of Quality Street.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
QS = eat the purple ones, give away the rest.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Cudzoziemiec

The green one with a nut in is okay too. But yeah.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
QS & Roses give filled chocolates a bad name.

ian

Because it's widely known I don't particularly like or eat chocolate (or sweet things in general), I have eight various sized boxes of the stuff in the kitchen.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
A random thread for food things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #3834 on: 10 January, 2021, 06:35:18 pm »
Filled chocolates: they're mostly crap, aren't they?

This post might have been unduly influenced by the unexpected receipt of a large tin of Quality Street.

Quality Street are especially disgusting. Cheap shit, 99% sugar.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Why the Hell are they called QUALITY Street?

ian

After the play (by the JM Barrie of Peter Pan fame). I know this because there's a plaque in Merstham, Surrey, where the leads in the first production lived. This street is named – you guessed it – Quality Street.

Cudzoziemiec

hellymedic

• Just do it!
After the play (by the JM Barrie of Peter Pan fame). I know this because there's a plaque in Merstham, Surrey, where the leads in the first production lived. This street is named – you guessed it – Quality Street.

Aaah!Thanks!

Every day's a school day...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
I miss the coffee creams.  Are there any selections that still include coffee creams?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Basil

• Help me!
Having defrosted the wild boar paté.  (Christmas stash) I suddenly had a craving for cheap thin crisp toasted supermarket crap bread to spread it on.  We've not had that for years.
So I bought some.
Actually enjoyed it.
The birds seemed to enjoy the half we had left when the novelty wore off.

Cudzoziemiec

I miss the coffee creams.  Are there any selections that still include coffee creams?
If I find any in the QS tin, I'll post them to you.  :D

Having defrosted the wild boar paté.  (Christmas stash) I suddenly had a craving for cheap thin crisp toasted supermarket crap bread to spread it on.  We've not had that for years.
So I bought some.
Actually enjoyed it.
The birds seemed to enjoy the half we had left when the novelty wore off.

Ah that’s reminded me of a childhood favourite. Mums spag bol was always served with thin crustless toast, left to get cold before being buttered.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Cudzoziemiec

citoyen

ian

He also writes very well and isn't a twat.

citoyen

Extremely tenuous not-quite claim to fame: I just missed crossing paths with Jay Rayner at Leeds by a year - we were both contributors to the Leeds Student newspaper but he graduated the year before I started.

I'm sure Thorntons sell bags of only coffee creams, just for you!

Basil

• Help me!
 :-*

citoyen