Poll

What's your favourite honey consistency?

Liquid
6 (25%)
Set
5 (20.8%)
All of it
11 (45.8%)
Golden syrup
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Honey  (Read 888 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Honey
« on: 27 October, 2015, 10:17:08 am »
Honey is the current controversy in the Cudzo household. Cudzo Jnr declined honey on his toast because he's waiting for it to crystallise. Mrs Cudzo prefers it runny and so do I. He points out that solid honey is easier to spread. Liquid honey, however, is better for making patterns on top of your porridge.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Re: Honey
« Reply #1 on: 27 October, 2015, 10:22:02 am »
You're both right!  Runny honey on deserts (plain Greek yoghurt with fruit being my favourite) and the set stuff on toast (stays on the toast and doesn't run down your arm).
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #2 on: 27 October, 2015, 10:31:59 am »
Crystallisation is actually a marker of quality (and also time of year it is harvested), some of the bulk produced honeys won't ever. Polyhive will be along shortly carrying his font of wisdom, with any luck.

« Reply #3 on: 27 October, 2015, 10:33:37 am »
Runny cut-comb honey is the best for toast.  Creamed honey is good for spreading, too.  We've got lots of OSR in the fields around us, so our honey often crystallises in the comb.  :(

« Reply #4 on: 27 October, 2015, 04:16:59 pm »
I buy runny honey but it has gone solid now the temperature in the kitchen has dropped.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5 on: 27 October, 2015, 05:52:38 pm »
Whereas our set honey is usually runny by the time the jar is finished, due to atmospheric humidity and somebody who uses wet teaspoons.