Author Topic: BO and Vit B  (Read 1248 times)

BO and Vit B
« on: 14 September, 2021, 10:17:39 am »
I'm not normally a particularly smelly-pit person and can normally get away without frequent showers.

MrsC is a great believer in supplements when getting older and pushed me to start taking older-middle-age-man vit pills. They seem to be mostly various Vit Bs and Iron.

Almost immediately I turned into MrWhiffy. Whiffy, not Whippy, ain't no icecream around here.

I put the blame on the Vit B.

When in my late teens, I took Vit B complex (because the kayaking coach said so). I stank like fish smeared with marmite. Yes, that bad.

Makes me wonder. Googling suggests that it isn't normal to become stinky when  just taking recommended daily dose of Vit B.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Re: BO and Vit B
« Reply #1 on: 14 September, 2021, 08:34:12 pm »
Isn't smelling of Vitamin B reputed to keep the midgies away?

And haven't you moved to the Western Isles fairly recently?

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #2 on: 14 September, 2021, 08:38:02 pm »
Avon Skin So Soft is what keeps the midges away.

ian

« Reply #3 on: 14 September, 2021, 08:43:04 pm »
Just don't take the vitamins. If you're not pregnant, don't have a weird medical condition and eat a reasonably balanced diet, then vitamin supplements are a waste of time and money.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #4 on: 14 September, 2021, 10:17:33 pm »
Avon Skin So Soft is what keeps the midges away.

Not any more it doesn't.

I think it used to drown them, rather than put them off, but whatever, it no longer works.

We tried yeast tablets one year, 6 a day. I had to give them up quite quickly as they didn't t got on with IBS.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #5 on: 15 September, 2021, 10:15:03 am »
Midges don't bite me much and I don't react to them.

Yeah, I stopped taking the supplements.
<i>Marmite slave</i>