Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Yesterday at 11:54:30 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2024/mar/27/the-spin-wealth-gap-county-cricket

A piece on the different financial state of our 18 counties.

I recall years ago (1980 to be precise - I could have sworn it was 1979) going to Worcester for the Benson & Hedges semifinal v Essex. It was a glorious June morning after overnight rain. We arrived at the ground around 10.30am and had to wait for play to start at 2pm because the pitch was waterlogged. Even when play began, some of the Essex players rolled their trouser legs up because part of the outfield was still so wet that you could see the water splashing as they ran. We watched 11 overs before it rained again and it was obvious that play would be abandoned for the day. It took 3 days to complete a 1-day match.

Worcester is undoubtedly the most picturesque of all the county grounds but its playing area is spending an increasing amount of every year submerged beneath the swollen River Severn as climate change takes its toll. In some of the buildings around the ground there are brass "lines" attached to the walls to indicate the height of the floods in the wettest years. THe ground is often under a metre of water as the Welsh rains feed the river.
He’s also done a happy hardcore song about classic liberal economics…

https://app.suno.ai/song/ef269898-6a66-416c-baaa-f0797e5ad1cb/
Wow.  Has anyone sent it to her?
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by Tim Hall on Yesterday at 11:13:59 pm »
Cleopatra was born closer in time to the building of the Eiffel Tower than the building of the Great Pyramid of Giza.

At least that's what Natalie Haynes told me.

The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Yesterday at 10:24:43 pm »
Fire Brigade - The Move
« Last post by Robh on Yesterday at 10:17:19 pm »
Burning Down The House - Talking Heads
The Pub / Re: BONG ..And Here is the Not News..BONG
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Yesterday at 10:10:11 pm »
We called that a pylon. How humorous ha ha. Anywayz, I expect Gordano school is in Gordano, which is near rather than in Portishead.
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Yesterday at 10:09:17 pm »
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - The Platters
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10