Author Topic: Around the World in 80 Days: a new Mark Beaumont attempt  (Read 5713 times)

Re: Around the World in 80 Days: a new Mark Beaumont attempt
« Reply #25 on: 19 September, 2017, 09:41:28 am »
Brilliant.

Looks like Guinness haven't credited Steve or Amanda's month records. Mark is being touted as having broken the Month record, but he is below Steve's 7100 and far, far below Amanda's 8000-odd miles.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

MalRees

• Hayes - centre of no known universe
« Reply #26 on: 19 September, 2017, 01:20:47 pm »
Just remarkable. 240 miles a day is bonkers! Hats off Mr Beaumont!

« Reply #27 on: 19 September, 2017, 02:43:04 pm »
Brilliant.

Looks like Guinness haven't credited Steve or Amanda's month records. Mark is being touted as having broken the Month record, but he is below Steve's 7100 and far, far below Amanda's 8000-odd miles.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/851706/Cycling-champ-Mark-Beaumont-world-record-most-miles-conquer-another

He added: “I want to add the caveat that I am fully aware that in the history of cycling a couple of people, maybe more, have cycled more than 11,315km in a month.

“But they have simply never applied for or been verified by Guinness World Record.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

MalRees

• Hayes - centre of no known universe
« Reply #28 on: 19 September, 2017, 02:47:35 pm »
Fair play to Mark - he's clearly not one to ignore other's achievements.

« Reply #29 on: 04 November, 2017, 06:32:18 am »
The Cycling Podcast have just started a brevet series, focussing on long distance cycling. The first episode just released features a Mark Beaumont interview about his amazing ride. It is very much worth a listen, and to send feedback to the Cycling Podcast team to encourage them to pursue the brevet series concept, which could do much to encourage participation in long/ultra distance cycling.

https://thecyclingpodcast.com

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43