Author Topic: Head torches  (Read 8014 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Head torches
« Reply #50 on: 25 October, 2017, 06:57:35 pm »
...Fenix headtorch...
Yes - but I've got the 1xAA model. [I think AAs make a lot more sense than AAAs, but that's maybe not relevant to you!]

Hmm. I have a Petzl Pixa which is AA, but I take a Tikka something on the bike because it is AAA, which gives me a bail out set out of AAAs for the rear light.

But how would you see to change them over??

[/desperateattempttoaddsomelevitytothediscussion]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #51 on: 25 October, 2017, 09:20:00 pm »
Anyone tried the Fenix head torches?
Look pretty good, some with USB charging, and replaceable 18650 batteries, so you could carry spares.

I have a Fenix HL55, which is a bit good, and is used for wandering about in very rural areas, as well as working on equipment.  Its a fair size, bloody expensive, and runs on a single 3.5Ah 18650 Li-Ion cell. When purchasing you need to remember to include for a cell, and charger, if you don't already have one.  I've also got a Fenix LD60 torch, so I'm OK on that front. It has several brightness levels, from reasonable to effing bright.
Wombat

« Reply #52 on: 25 October, 2017, 10:19:21 pm »
...Fenix headtorch...
Yes - but I've got the 1xAA model. [I think AAs make a lot more sense than AAAs, but that's maybe not relevant to you!]

Hmm. I have a Petzl Pixa which is AA, but I take a Tikka something on the bike because it is AAA, which gives me a bail out set out of AAAs for the rear light.

But how would you see to change them over??

iPhone torch!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #53 on: 25 October, 2017, 11:43:47 pm »

ITYM hashtag classic bantz
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."