Author Topic: High School Prank in Seattle  (Read 1722 times)

High School Prank in Seattle
« on: 09 June, 2018, 07:48:49 pm »
http://www.myballard.com/2018/06/08/seniors-unleash-bikeshare-prank-at-ballard-high/

as a bit of cultural explanation: over here, it's common for graduating high school seniors to perform a prank at their school.  Seattle has thousands of these bike-share bikes, so they decided to borrow a few overnight ...

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: High School Prank in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2018, 07:58:45 pm »
Bloody students...! :)
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #2 on: 09 June, 2018, 08:14:53 pm »
they've been to Cambridgeshire as well, I saw several of those OFO bikes in front gardens of villages while out for a ride yesterday
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2018, 02:31:48 am »
Better than super-glue in the lock keyways which has happened a few times.

I also like the porta-potty placed in the school prinicipal's marked parking space.  [On the topic of reserved parking places, I've had a higher opinion of those principals / managers who have "their" designated special place (usually closest to the building) re-labeled for "teacher of the month" or "head secretary" or something like that.  Simple gesture but shows appreciation for the people who get the hard work done day-in and day-out.]

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2018, 07:11:08 am »
^^^Contrast with the boss of David Datentechnik in Stuttgart whose parking space was labelled "whoever parks here will be denounced to the police and towed away at his own expense". Herr David was a right shithead.

He was later involved in a fraudulent bankruptcy (his own) and last I heard there was an arrest warrant out for him. Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #5 on: 12 June, 2018, 06:09:41 pm »
Better than super-glue in the lock keyways which has happened a few times.

I also like the porta-potty placed in the school prinicipal's marked parking space.  [On the topic of reserved parking places, I've had a higher opinion of those principals / managers who have "their" designated special place (usually closest to the building) re-labeled for "teacher of the month" or "head secretary" or something like that.  Simple gesture but shows appreciation for the people who get the hard work done day-in and day-out.]

I once worked in an FE college. The Principal and I decided to do away with special parking places. The front of the place was to be for visitors/ potential students and their families.
The Chair of Governors was apoplectic and demanded his own reserved spot - even though he was only on site a couple of days a month. Some weeks later he was in an even greater bate - a student had locked his bike to HIS sign. I’m afraid I wasn’t very helpful.

When, inevitably, I made myself redundant after Mrs Thatcher turned colleges into businesses, and him into a mill owner, I had some very childish comeback. He was always very impressed by overt signs of wealth. On the day of my last meeting with the Board, no longer an employee( lackey) I borrowed a very expensive car, put a set of made up personal plates with my initials on, and parked in his precious place. Childish, yes, satisfying when he reacted- absolutely!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #6 on: 12 June, 2018, 11:00:23 pm »
Once one of my staff was having a problem with someone who was too important to park in the staff car park. After they had grumpily moved, "I'll bet your manager has a special parking place right by the building."

"No, that's his car there."

End of discussion.
It is simpler than it looks.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #7 on: 25 June, 2018, 04:28:45 pm »
I remember one of my colleagues (when I was a technician) having a bit of a paddy when he was not given special permission to park the Porsche his wife had bought him in the yard with the two people on 24 hour shifts (late's, nights and weekends only). He didn't want to park it on the bomb site car park (which I don't blame him as it was in a dodgy area) or the public car parks because of dints. He had to buy himself a banger to travel to work  ;D
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.