Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1739709 times)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #11800 on: 14 February, 2018, 05:19:41 pm »
I might well be along, but I'm going to be late starting, so I'm probably heavily train-assisted.

If you happen to be riding past The Lion, Boreham pop in for a cosy threesome  ;D
we will on the way back  :thumbsup:
The Lion on Valentine's evening? Paris tomorrow?? Romance is alive and well in parts of Witham!!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #11801 on: 14 February, 2018, 05:33:59 pm »
I might well be along, but I'm going to be late starting, so I'm probably heavily train-assisted.

If you happen to be riding past The Lion, Boreham pop in for a cosy threesome  ;D
we will on the way back  :thumbsup:
The Lion on Valentine's evening? Paris tomorrow?? Romance is alive and well in parts of Witham!!

We will be long gone by the time you lot return. 

The Paris trip is due to the Grumpy Teenager turning 18, not a great deal to do with romance.

« Reply #11802 on: 14 February, 2018, 05:44:11 pm »

I am glad to see at least one other romantic soul among our number  : :thumbsup:
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #11803 on: 14 February, 2018, 07:13:30 pm »
I'm going to skip this evening. Rather wet where I am, and forecast is for worse to come.

Still undecided about tomorrow, depends on regular meeting.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #11804 on: 15 February, 2018, 11:39:33 am »
I am so out of the loop and I am a little worried about riding over 200k this Sunday. On the plus side...the brownie point collection is nearly at a level I can mention the new frame I have ordered although I might give it a little bit longer.

The build up to the arrow starts in earnest on Saturday after a few weeks of excellent family weekends and reducing the list of chores and work!

« Reply #11805 on: 15 February, 2018, 01:08:41 pm »
I'm out of the loop for this evening as well.

Wheels with Malcolm, so I need to buy some proper lights (and mudguards) tonight - and fit them to the carbon bike.

In terms of brownie points, I'm not sure what it is going to cost me long term, but the Mrs has just booked us a week in Tenerife and has organised for me to take my bike  ;D
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #11806 on: 15 February, 2018, 01:56:29 pm »

Wheels with Malcolm, so I need to buy some proper lights (and mudguards) tonight - and fit them to the carbon bike.

In terms of brownie points, I'm not sure what it is going to cost me long term, but the Mrs has just booked us a week in Tenerife and has organised for me to take my bike  ;D

Be afraid, be very afraid...

« Reply #11807 on: 15 February, 2018, 02:35:09 pm »

Be afraid, be very afraid...

I reckon it will be horse related - just how much of one worries me......
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #11808 on: 15 February, 2018, 03:17:41 pm »
I feel your pain  :'(

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11809 on: 15 February, 2018, 03:39:55 pm »
We’re in Paris now, we might get to eat some horse!

« Reply #11810 on: 15 February, 2018, 04:33:45 pm »
Grey Sheep and I might be able to assist if you get the taste  :demon:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11811 on: 15 February, 2018, 06:31:20 pm »
Today I've had my first full 8 hour day of gardening since the beginning of November. Feels like I've overdone it in the gym; need a quiet evening in [again  ;D], so no Beer Festival for me.

Likewise a big ride on Saturday [Chiltern Grit 100km + ECE, horribly early start, unlike our civilised Winter Series]...looking forward [sort of] to some hills.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11812 on: 16 February, 2018, 04:04:50 pm »
I know its a bit early and it is Chelmsford (again!) but The Orange Tree hasn't been visited yet and they are having Skinners Brewery take-over from Wed 21 to 25 Feb.

The Wed is Spiritual Home LG but could swap for The OT (I note they often have a pub quiz on a Wed night so I've asked if there is one on 21 Feb)

ETA: I've added another 17 destinations to the calendar so we have forward planning suggestions up to 4th July, now with added science to try and balance out the locations based around the 4 quadrants of the MEMWNS COG thus:

I've got that Maldon & Dengie CAMRA leaflet to add some pubs from plus there are a few brewery taps we haven't got on the list (I know at least 1 stays open longer than the Maldon ones)
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11813 on: 16 February, 2018, 05:43:03 pm »
Orange Tree is ok by me - I've been before, CTC Christmas do I think. There's a yard & beer garden at the back for bike parking, I seem to recall.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11814 on: 16 February, 2018, 05:49:04 pm »
Orange Tree is ok by me - I've been before, CTC Christmas do I think. There's a yard & beer garden at the back for bike parking, I seem to recall.

Yes - it's been refurbed since you were there I expect, new loos and garden re-done.  I'm just checking with them that they don't have a Wednesday quiz night on...  (promo material promises pasties and cream teas LOL)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #11815 on: 16 February, 2018, 05:50:12 pm »

« Reply #11816 on: 16 February, 2018, 06:33:14 pm »
I’m not around next Wednesday, so happy wherever you all decide to go :)

« Reply #11817 on: 16 February, 2018, 06:35:44 pm »
I've added another 17 destinations to the calendar so we have forward planning suggestions up to 4th July, now with added science to try and balance out the locations based around the 4 quadrants of the MEMWNS COG

:thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11818 on: 16 February, 2018, 06:56:43 pm »
Camra Colchester Ale Trail

Thanks Nik - there was a similar one a few years ago for the Chelmsford CAMRA too.

Regards,

Joergen

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11819 on: 17 February, 2018, 01:11:25 pm »

Yes - it's been refurbed since you were there I expect, new loos and garden re-done.  I'm just checking with them that they don't have a Wednesday quiz night on...  (promo material promises pasties and cream teas LOL)

Confirmed no quiz night on Wed so looks like a go'er :)  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11820 on: 20 February, 2018, 11:31:17 am »

So tomorrow evening is the Orange Tree?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11821 on: 20 February, 2018, 11:56:06 am »

So tomorrow evening is the Orange Tree?

Yes
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #11822 on: 20 February, 2018, 12:03:21 pm »
Top banana.

Somewhere in OD's Library of Routes TM there is a route for the Witham peloton to follow as we have been to the OT before.  Problem is I can't get at OD's Library of Routes TM cos its not in London where I am. I might have time to resolve the problem this evening or tomorrow.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #11823 on: 20 February, 2018, 07:46:01 pm »
Going to be cold again...Gritted route?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #11824 on: 20 February, 2018, 08:34:32 pm »
Our norwegian friends are showing between 4 and 1 degrees tomorrow evening