Author Topic: Your fatbike  (Read 80660 times)

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Re: Your fatbike
« Reply #276 on: 24 January, 2017, 06:11:20 pm »
You're still not selling it to me  ;D
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #277 on: 24 January, 2017, 09:45:34 pm »

Is that a chrome Pugsley?

How, where?

Yep. Acquired the frame second hand off Ebay. Chap I bought it off had it custom chromed by some top motorbike chromer in London. I was lucky enough to stumble across it. Currently built as 29+ with Alfine. Had it a few months and now considering full fat for winter mud.

« Reply #278 on: 24 January, 2017, 10:27:55 pm »
Lucky indeed. That is smart!  :thumbsup:

Full fat isn't necessarily better in mud than 29+. Depends on the kind of mud you have and tyre choice obviously, but the extra float from full fat can be counterproductive in getting more grip in mud.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #279 on: 26 January, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »

Is that a chrome Pugsley?

How, where?

Yep. Acquired the frame second hand off Ebay. Chap I bought it off had it custom chromed by some top motorbike chromer in London. I was lucky enough to stumble across it. Currently built as 29+ with Alfine. Had it a few months and now considering full fat for winter mud.

You're fatbike is so fat, it makes your pannier look small!  :P

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #280 on: 15 February, 2017, 04:17:31 pm »
TREK Equinox anyone?

It's got fat tyres! It's got carbon! It's got aero detailing! If only it were a fixie, it would have every trend in one!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #281 on: 19 February, 2017, 09:27:07 pm »
had a slow ride through the glen today after a rather hard walk in a gale and torrential downpour between Buachaille Etive Mor and Buachaille Etive Beag.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #282 on: 20 February, 2017, 01:09:21 pm »
Wow!

« Reply #283 on: 20 February, 2017, 02:21:17 pm »
It was fantastic. I was able to get really close to them on the bike, they ran off when I was on foot. One of the walks I took is called pass of the hinds. I walked it a couple of years ago during rutting, I know how it got the name. The stags bellowing was eerie, it echoed around the mountains. There must have been 40 there the other day in small groups.

Just wish I had my camera and not the poxy phone when the deer showed up.

This is the pass at approx. 1500ft. As you can see by the cloud, it started to rain, heavily! I only took an xp1 which isn't weatherproofed so it had to go back into the bag. I camped just in the cloud on the second pic, a very rough night.

« Reply #284 on: 20 February, 2017, 02:30:16 pm »
Did you ride over the rocks on your fat bike and what was it like?

I'm going for a couple of days holiday to Wales at the end of march, v tempted to try to find somewhere that I can hire a fat bike for a day.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #285 on: 20 February, 2017, 03:29:40 pm »
I did that as a walk and a nights camp but next time I'll use the bike. It will involve lots of carrying and pushing though. Think I'll start from the harder Etive side up Lairig Eilide and back over Gartain. Lairig Gartain is an easier ride and if all else fails I can return via the road.

Most of my welsh rides involve rocks like the pic and I happily ride over them with no suspension, and at speed. I'm very happy with mine, I'm no lightweight and run low pressures all the time off road to get the cushioning from the tyres. I'm a rigid fan though so love it!

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #286 on: 23 February, 2017, 08:11:54 am »
I'd like to wish every bike and every rider in this thread a Happy Fat Thursday!
Enjoy your doughnuts. ;D

« Reply #287 on: 23 February, 2017, 08:15:10 am »
Every day is a fat day for me.

mmmmm deep fried donuts................

« Reply #288 on: 12 September, 2018, 01:01:00 pm »
Very late to this thread ::-) But then this isn't really a fat bike forum is it ;D

From the first page of the thread I notice that someone has a Singular Puffin, so here's another one

I got it second hand as a rolling chassis so had to add stem, bars (currently On-One Marys but will be fitting Jones loops shortly), brakes - BB7s (actually these came with the bike), BB & cranks, rear mech and chain. Forks are Travers Fat Prongs, tyres are 45Nrth Vanhelgas. The frame bag is a prototype Wildcat Snow Leopard.