Author Topic: 2014 'Uts rides  (Read 3923 times)

Mike Conway

• Wheel builder and general bike rider
    • 23mm-wheels
Re: 2014 'Uts rides
« Reply #25 on: 12 September, 2014, 05:00:57 pm »
Has anyone been sent the route sheet yet? Wouldn't mind plotting all the infos into my GPS... might get brevet card elbow otherwise :D

EDIT: OK, Tim has emailed the route sheet and some GPX files - looks to be the three loop version again. Looking forward to it!

Chris S

« Reply #26 on: 15 September, 2014, 05:50:09 pm »
11 controls on a 200, and its *still* 16km over distance. If it was a DIY your friendly local organiser would be raising his eyebrows.

My record to date (as a DIY organiser) is 21 "controls" on a 200. When that happens, the (copiously hirsuit) eyebrows descend, rather than raise  :).

But 8 infos on a 200 makes it a bit of a treasure hunt. Fine if you like that sort of thing (and plenty of folks don't seem to mind, so that's cool) but it's no longer my cup of tea. I have a lot of fond memories of the autumn rides (Golden Tints of Yore, Anfractuous and so on) but I'm no longer a fan of riding south of the Orwell/Severn line (traffic-related reasons, mostly), which is a shame.

red marley

« Reply #27 on: 20 September, 2014, 05:20:10 pm »
Made it round the 100 in pretty good nick, which was a relief more than anything. The torrential rain in the early hours abated by the start time and largely held off during the ride. Which was nice.

Nice to see Tim and some of the Uts old hands. Nice chat with Manotea too. Good luck with the return to regular Audaxing.

It has been interesting to see how the audax crowd has changed after being out of the loop for a couple of years. It looked like Rapha kit was the outfit of choice for many. Then I glanced in the mirror and realised I look like a walking Rapha catalogue (bib shorts, jersey, cap and beard). Just missing a few tatts.

Mike Conway

• Wheel builder and general bike rider
    • 23mm-wheels
« Reply #28 on: 20 September, 2014, 08:25:12 pm »
Cygnet and I got around the 200 fairly quick, but the rain and very mucky lanes made the first lap slow. Still, managed to pick up the pace of the 2nd and third laps and finished by 5pm. There was some beautiful 'atmospheric'  mist lingering around after the rain, which set the tone for the rest of the ride. Thanks to Tim, the organiser, who did a wonderful job as usual.