Author Topic: BlackSheep CC events for first half of 2015 (inc PBP qualifiers).  (Read 2998 times)

A few more dates for your calendar. All are PBP qualifiers, except the final one.

Mr. Pickwick's January Sale (206)           3rd Jan 2015
Sam Weller's day trip to Wochma (203)   3rd Feb 2015
Mr. Pickwick's March Madness (209)   7th Mar 2015
Helfa Cymraeg Benjamin Allen ar. (302)   4th Apr 2015
Brevet Cymru (401)   2nd May 2015
Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (clasurol). (601)   13th Jun 2015
Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (601)   13th Jun 2015
A Rough Diamond (301)   11th Jul 2015
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Re: BlackSheep CC events for first half of 2015 (inc PBP qualifiers).
« Reply #1 on: 27 August, 2014, 04:36:02 pm »
Fanku Mr Blacksheep  :thumbsup:
Does not play well with others

« Reply #2 on: 27 August, 2014, 07:20:39 pm »
Fab - they'll go into my diary now; well, at least most of them...
ummm (coming back, having checked diary): 3rd Feb is a Tuesday?? 7th?

Bugloss

« Reply #3 on: 27 August, 2014, 07:21:19 pm »
Sorry to come across as being a bit dense, but what's the difference between the two ?

Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (clasurol). (601)   13th Jun 2015
Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (601)   13th Jun 2015

Except clasurol. Is that some kind of wood preservative?

And having checked my diary The Pendle 600 is on the 13 June, bugger!

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #4 on: 27 August, 2014, 07:24:54 pm »
Sorry to come across as being a bit dense, but what's the difference between the two ?

Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (clasurol). (601)   13th Jun 2015
Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (601)   13th Jun 2015

Except clasurol. Is that some kind of wood preservative?

Stick it through a translator and you'll find out (a little more) - I suspect the other one might be golygfaol - but purely a guess.  I believe the clasurol version was quite golygfaol enough. 

(apologies to native speakers for my powered by google words - the backwards translation gives an interesting result as well!)
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #5 on: 27 August, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »

There's a bug in some part of the ride duplication. I've written in a suitably grovelling manner to my area co-ordiator. Hopefully the ride will move to the 7th of Feb.  :-[ :-[
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

« Reply #6 on: 27 August, 2014, 10:34:28 pm »

There's a bug in some part of the ride duplication. I've written in a suitably grovelling manner to my area co-ordiator. Hopefully the ride will move to the 7th of Feb.  :-[ :-[

No use writing to him, he'll be totally unsympathetic.

« Reply #7 on: 27 August, 2014, 10:39:25 pm »
Stick it through a translator and you'll find out (a little more) - I suspect the other one might be golygfaol - but purely a guess.  I believe the clasurol version was quite golygfaol enough. 

As you've pointed-out Marcus, the clasurol version is quite golygfaol enough . the other ride is not quite so golyfaol - but still ranks as 11/10.

« Reply #8 on: 27 August, 2014, 10:48:32 pm »
No use writing to him, he'll be totally unsympathetic.

;D ;D ;D

dtes are now:-

Mr. Pickwick's January Sale (206)           3rd Jan 2015
Sam Weller's day trip to Wochma (203)   7th Feb 2015
Mr. Pickwick's March Madness (209)   7th Mar 2015
Helfa Cymraeg Benjamin Allen ar. (302)   4th Apr 2015
Brevet Cymru (401)   2nd May 2015
Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (clasurol). (601)   13th Jun 2015
Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (601)   13th Jun 2015
A Rough Diamond (301)   11th Jul 2015

Just as an aside. Does the ACP still only allow an organiser 3 events in each of the SR distances?

simonp

« Reply #9 on: 28 August, 2014, 12:37:05 am »
You’ve been busy as usual. I’d like to ride the Brevet Cymru but if I’m doing the rowing course which runs for 6 weekends from 4th April (provisionally) then I’ll probably have to miss it next year.  :( The 300k in July looks very useful for PBP warm-up.

« Reply #10 on: 28 August, 2014, 06:22:51 pm »
Mark keep a place for me on the first three :)

Without your winter programme I'd be lost  :thumbsup:

« Reply #11 on: 28 August, 2014, 07:16:12 pm »
Well done Mark--seriously tempted by Brev Cymru (again) and the Mae Mr Pickwick--as an alternative to BCM ---please please though what`s difference between the two versions ???
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #12 on: 28 August, 2014, 09:35:33 pm »
Well done Mark--seriously tempted by Brev Cymru (again) and the Mae Mr Pickwick--as an alternative to BCM ---please please though what`s difference between the two versions ???

They're both run at randonnuer pace - obviously, so now for the confusing bit.

Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau. (clasurol). = http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/15-201/   is the cal version of this.   http://www.aukweb.net/perms/detail/MR13/

Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau.   is the cal version of this. http://www.aukweb.net/perms/detail/MR14/

« Reply #13 on: 28 August, 2014, 09:44:30 pm »
very confusing---short of looking in great detail @ routesheet, and as overview maps look very similar, can you clarify a little bit , eg does the claursol use the reported `interesting` little lanes ? and `tother more `normal` lanes
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #14 on: 28 August, 2014, 10:02:28 pm »
very confusing---short of looking in great detail @ routesheet, and as overview maps look very similar, can you clarify a little bit , eg does the claursol use the reported `interesting` little lanes ? and `tother more `normal` lanes

One's very silly, the other is even sillier.

...and don't you dare tell Mark I enjoyed the sillier one.

« Reply #15 on: 28 August, 2014, 10:05:08 pm »

given that Mark`s email is his name reversed I doubt if I`ll ever get a clear response on this  ::-)

« Reply #16 on: 28 August, 2014, 10:22:29 pm »

given that Mark`s email is his name reversed I doubt if I`ll ever get a clear response on this  ::-)
IanH has probably summed it up fairly well. I think there were 27 finishers in June - this was the classic version. One guy rode on 71" fixed  :o . And for about 6 riders it was their first 600  :o  :o IanH finished with hardy a bead of sweat on his forehead. Thre were no sleep restrictions  :smug:

It was a very special couple of days.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #17 on: 28 August, 2014, 10:39:57 pm »
I fancy the 600, and have until June to learn how to say it.  It sounded fabulous.

I suspect it will have to be a decision made much, much later on though - it would be a solo ride and much depends on how well the tandem qualification is going etc.!

I have done no rides in Wales this season, so I feel a need to return there soon.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #18 on: 29 August, 2014, 07:56:06 am »
I fancy the 600, and have until June to learn how to say it.  It sounded fabulous.

I suspect it will have to be a decision made much, much later on though - it would be a solo ride and much depends on how well the tandem qualification is going etc.!

I have done no rides in Wales this season, so I feel a need to return there soon.

Conversely most of my rides have been in Wales  ;D ---have marked down 300, 400- BC, 600 clasurol on `my calendar` now should be interesting also with KSW 600 entered now :thumbsup:

vistaed

• Everyday stories
« Reply #19 on: 02 September, 2014, 11:37:59 am »
I've been told to forget all ideas of the PBP and the Transcontinental race next year :( so my compromise may well be riding Mark's entire list. At least that doesn't require international travel and excessive time away from the family.
after hardship comes ease -
 www.strava.com/athletes/188220

« Reply #20 on: 03 September, 2014, 12:11:50 pm »
The January Sale routesheet looks wrong to me.

PM sent.

« Reply #21 on: 03 September, 2014, 01:14:23 pm »
The January Sale routesheet looks wrong to me.

PM sent.

For reasons unknown it is, All I did was "duplicate event". I will go through all events to ensure the route sheet and GPS files tally with event. It will have to wait for a week or so though - as I'm up to my eyes in this w/e's ride at the mo, and the ride is't util next year.

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #22 on: 19 September, 2014, 01:15:56 pm »
The Faccombe 4 would like to announce that all 4 will be reunited in the hills of Wales once more as we have just nailed our colours to the mast of the 'clasurol' flavour of the Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau 2015 :thumbsup:
appearing in a tea room near you

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #23 on: 19 September, 2014, 01:23:13 pm »
The Faccombe 4 would like to announce that all 4 will be reunited in the hills of Wales once more as we have just nailed our colours to the mast of the 'clasurol' flavour of the Mae Mr Pickwick yn mynd i chwilio am ddreigiau a chwedlau 2015 :thumbsup:

That's easy for you to say
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.