Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1764914 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #14825 on: 24 June, 2020, 03:09:08 pm »
I have literally moved in today and I need to spend the afternoon unpacking boxes to get enough brownie points to come out.

I’ll warn you now, also, that I’m a teetotaller so may be a little dull.

Don't you worry about being teetotal but I fear your initiation ceremony may have to wait on account of the grocery retailers of Witham letting me down so far.  I haven't given up yet so fingers crossed I won't disappoint you  ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14826 on: 24 June, 2020, 03:10:51 pm »
In other news Wiggle have been in touch to say I can keep the tub of bum butter which mysteriously turned up the other day :thumbsup:

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14827 on: 24 June, 2020, 03:28:46 pm »
I have literally moved in today and I need to spend the afternoon unpacking boxes to get enough brownie points to come out.

I’ll warn you now, also, that I’m a teetotaller so may be a little dull.
The kettle works (tried today for the first time this year), tea bags and coffee available but no milk. Selection of drinking vessels available.

« Reply #14828 on: 24 June, 2020, 04:30:09 pm »
Just been informed of a hotspot of infection - can't say where(!) - which necessitates phone calls into the evening so won't make it tonight.

Will do Spiritual Home's Home next week.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14829 on: 24 June, 2020, 04:32:50 pm »
Just been informed of a hotspot of infection - can't say where(!) - which necessitates phone calls into the evening so won't make it tonight.

Will do Spiritual Home's Home next week.

Oh bugger!  See you soon.

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #14830 on: 24 June, 2020, 06:16:44 pm »
Does Tedshred never grace you with his presence these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14831 on: 24 June, 2020, 06:25:56 pm »
I think there is a quarantine rule for the Island, so if he comes ashore, he has to spend 14 days in his shed before he's allowed back in the house... 
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #14832 on: 24 June, 2020, 06:41:56 pm »
I'm not sure I could cycle all the way to Witham at the moment.  It's been 4 weeks off the bike while I play with boats and fishing rods.  Must get out some time...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14833 on: 24 June, 2020, 07:40:12 pm »

What about you gracing is with your presence?  Like tonight?  We’re in Witham.  We can PM you the address if you are up to it.

The Retiree

« Reply #14834 on: 24 June, 2020, 07:41:07 pm »
I think there is a quarantine rule for the Island, so if he comes ashore, he has to spend 14 days in his shed before he's allowed back in the house...
I went offshore last weekend to the lesser habited East Mersea - Cudmore Grove where I understand Tomsk, OD and Johnny Faro spent a night bivviing on the beach!

The Retiree

« Reply #14835 on: 24 June, 2020, 08:03:24 pm »

What about you gracing is with your presence?  Like tonight?  We’re in Witham.  We can PM you the address if you are up to it.
It wouldn’t be the same if Ted isn’t going to be in attendance....

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14836 on: 25 June, 2020, 12:04:53 pm »
Cracking night last night, great hospitality from BFC too. I eventually managed to find my way out of the estate, I think I might have been infected by some of Oakys noodling judging by the dead ends I went down! But what a lovely night for a bike ride home - made me miss over-night riding...  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14837 on: 25 June, 2020, 12:12:21 pm »
Cracking night last night, great hospitality from BFC too. I eventually managed to find my way out of the estate, I think I might have been infected by some of Oakys noodling judging by the dead ends I went down! But what a lovely night for a bike ride home - made me miss over-night riding...  :thumbsup:

Yeah, good effort BFC - thanking you  :-*.  I particularly liked the Elf & Safety Briefing and the steps taken to ensure no-one got got by the flesh eating roses  :thumbsup:

And it was good to officially welcome rob into the fold, its all downhill from now on!

rob

« Reply #14838 on: 25 June, 2020, 03:45:27 pm »
Whilst I already knew a few of you, it was great to be made to feel so welcome, even with the initiation ceremony.  Thank you to BFC for the hospitality and excellent coffee.

I had a thoroughly enjoyable late evening ride home with Tomsk, dropping me off at my front door.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14839 on: 25 June, 2020, 03:52:47 pm »
Whilst I already knew a few of you, it was great to be made to feel so welcome, even with the initiation ceremony.  Thank you to BFC for the hospitality and excellent coffee.

I had a thoroughly enjoyable late evening ride home with Tomsk, dropping me off at my front door.

How good is that?  A MEMWNS Elder (*) personally picks you up and drops you off again, not the sort of service you get with most cycling clubs  ;D

(*) there are about 4 Elders, we are held in the highest esteem by the rank and file membership.

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #14840 on: 25 June, 2020, 10:15:53 pm »
I know it’s early, but just I want to get a straw poll about next week’s beer situation. I can get some mini pins from Bishop Nick and if people want to contribute, we could split the cost.

Available beers next week will be:

Ridley’s Rite
Heresy
Martyr
Divine
Brimstone
Devout (maybe)

Huggy suggested getting 3 mini pins, which would be about 54 pints, but I suppose it depends on numbers. Please let me know if you’d like join in and what your beer preference is. Maybe someone a little more aufait with yacf than me could do a proper poll?

I’ll provide soft drinks etc. And I’ll fire up the Weber if anyone wants to cook anything (bring your own supplies), we will provide a few snacks and salady type stuff.

And you’re very welcome to camp out.

I’ll need to order the beer by Tuesday morning, so let me know your preferences by then! Thanks, Joss

PS welcome to MEMWNS Rob!

You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #14841 on: 25 June, 2020, 11:50:40 pm »
I'm happy with something cold and hoppy and work from that - happy to chuck in too.  Not sure about camping yet but has potential.  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #14842 on: 26 June, 2020, 06:04:17 am »
Ditto ... happy with hoppy and cold and contributing

No camping for me

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14843 on: 26 June, 2020, 08:39:18 am »
I'm easy, cold and hoppy works, more than happy to contribute.  I won't be camping but might bring stuff to BBQ.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14844 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:27:04 am »

No camping for me

:thumbsup: Ditto, work on Thursday as usual, most likely though ...

« Reply #14845 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:41:02 am »
I'm up for the same. No food or camping

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #14846 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:45:08 am »
I am a definite maybe.  Happy to contribute and might cook something.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #14847 on: 26 June, 2020, 01:25:14 pm »

No camping for me

:thumbsup: Ditto, work on Thursday as usual, most likely though ...
Another one for cold and hoppy, no camping.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #14848 on: 26 June, 2020, 01:49:42 pm »
On another note, I appreciate this is FORWARD PLANNING at it's best/worst (depending on your point of view) but I was having a socially distanced chat with Oaky yesterday evening.  We were reminiscing on past audacious endeavors and commented that we should plan something for 2021 when hopefully the world might not be such a bonkers place plus it would give us plenty of time to get fit again (obviously some of you are undimmed on the fitness front).  So here's what we came up with...

The weekend closest to the summer solstice, set off on Friday evening and point west heading towards Wales following a 300 to 400km circular route.  Pack bivvy bags, hit a few pubs along the way, kip in some ditches, get back on Sunday afternoon or evening.  All welcome.

Personally I like having something to aim for plus something to look forward to.

rob

« Reply #14849 on: 26 June, 2020, 02:22:55 pm »
Soft drinks for me please.   Also it's not that far so I'll stick a loop in before hand and won't be camping.

Joss - Can you pm or facebook message me the address please ?

Ta

Rob