Author Topic: DIYs - AUK website lag?  (Read 1074 times)

DIYs - AUK website lag?
« on: 14 June, 2023, 12:57:13 am »
Anyone know how long validated DIYs are taking to get onto the AUK website?  I had an email from the DIY South East Organiser on 2nd June saying

"Your DIY Perm Brevet has been provisionally validated and queued for registration onto the AUK website.

Please allow there may be a delay of a few days before your results are visible online. "

Nearly 2 week later, my results still aren't visible online and I've had no response from the DIY SE organiser - any thoughts?

Thanks!

Re: DIYs - AUK website lag?
« Reply #1 on: 14 June, 2023, 08:58:32 am »
Now use the ‘mandatory’ route option, process is very efficient, enter, ride, upload your track, wait awhile (hours to days) and the ride is on the results page. Points may take a little longer.

tickety-boo

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #2 on: 14 June, 2023, 09:18:05 am »
Now use the ‘mandatory’ route option, process is very efficient, enter, ride, upload your track, wait awhile (hours to days) and the ride is on the results page. Points may take a little longer.

tickety-boo
I've always found the same, goes up as provisional within a day. Sometimes by the time I read the email it's already up as provisional.

I suspect validation is probably being queued behind the slightly more urgent matter of PBP qualification brevets. There is no deadline on DIY points.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #3 on: 14 June, 2023, 09:53:25 am »
these jobs are done by human beings who sometimes take holidays

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
« Reply #4 on: 14 June, 2023, 10:09:18 am »
It varies - sometimes a few days sometimes a few weeks. 

My rule of thumb is only to contact the organiser if DIY events that have taken place after mine have been updated on the AUK website and mine hasn't / haven't

This is quite simple to do - if you have completed a DIY earlier this year at the same distance the full list of everybody's completed rides can be found by clicking on "Riders" on the relevant event listed under "My Completed Events This Season" and sort by date.   

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #5 on: 14 June, 2023, 10:23:02 am »
It varies - sometimes a few days sometimes a few weeks. 

My rule of thumb is only to contact the organiser if DIY events that have taken place after mine have been updated on the AUK website and mine hasn't / haven't

This is quite simple to do - if you have completed a DIY earlier this year at the same distance the full list of everybody's completed rides can be found by clicking on "Riders" on the relevant event listed under "My Completed Events This Season" and sort by date.   
Or you can look for your DIY organisers events under permanent events 2023 here
https://www.audax.uk/results/

presumably this list
https://www.audax.uk/results/?evId=MLDIY02&searchId=Event&seasonId=2023

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #6 on: 14 June, 2023, 12:28:42 pm »
It’ll vary, based on volunteer time and holidays etc.  No rush, and I’m sure it’ll turn up soon enough.