Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 08:57:56 pm »
I've been trying to persuade Pingu help me paint some of the old fence this summer so that I can buy and plant some climbers to grow up it. This evening I finally got round to starting sanding off the mossy bits. Got about half way through the offending section and one of the neighbours stopped me saying they were going to get some of the posts and or panels replaced.
So not only does this all go on hold again, but probably the plants that are already there are going to get trampled or dug up.
 :facepalm:
The Knowledge / Re: Recommend a bike shop or mechanic in Rotherhithe
« Last post by bhoot on Today at 08:52:50 pm »
I have no idea how good they are for repairs but Decathlon at Surrey Quays is very near to Rotherhithe, so could be worth a try. I suspect it is possible to go in and talk to a real person.
The Pub / Re: Sainsbury's grocery delivery
« Last post by Beardy on Today at 08:48:00 pm »
You cannot amend personal details on the app, you have to log on to your account on the website. I apologise if that is what you are trying to do.  :)
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 08:41:24 pm »
Phone them up.
Someone will be there to answer now.
The Knowledge / Re: Tyre width
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 08:37:59 pm »
Yes. They are called tubeless. ;)

Hmm, not always reliable

I've had 2 non sealing punctures, both slashes

Sure, but no tyre will survive a slash.

I reckon a fair proportion of my tubed punctures have been snakebites, which are next to impossible with tubeless. Given the state of local roads I'm quite grateful for tubeless, especially on club rides in a tight pack.

Anyway, on width, I resisted the trend for fatter tyres but I'm heading that way these days, probably because of road conditions.
« Last post by Polar Bear on Today at 08:36:44 pm »
More utter shite:  I have tried to amend the order and I can reach a page which says I can edit / amend the delivery address.  Except I cannot because there is no option to edit it.

I shall ring in the morning.

I suppose once millions of people need to use online ordering the supermarkets will sort it out ...  🤔
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Auntie Helen on Today at 08:33:26 pm »
There was no hose or anything. And there was a loo roll dispenser, it was empty.
The Knowledge / Re: Tyre width
« Last post by iscunonove on Today at 08:31:02 pm »
Dawes Galaxy 32mm marathon or vitoria Randonneur tyres - flippin heavy and slow.
LeMond Zurich 851, 21 or 23 hp or Tubs - light and flippin fast.
Audax bike - somewhere in between.

As previously said. You need to consider the history to fully understand where we were 20 years ago. Back in the day (up until the 80s say) the options for road bikes were heavy 27" wheels and low pressure tyres 60psi max or light weight continental 700 'sprint' wheels with sew-up tubular tyres which could take much higher pressures. Hence the old photos of cyclists riding to races with their best sprint wheels strapped to the handlebars. This explains the prevailing wide - slow, narrow - fast philosophy.
The Pub / Sainsbury's grocery delivery
« Last post by Polar Bear on Today at 08:26:33 pm »
So, it's a first time for me.  I am at my youngest son's house dog sitting for a few days.

I have just done an order online and on the website it says that the order will be delivered here.  In the confirmation email it says that the order will be delivered to my home address.

Which am I to believe?

It is quite a difference between Rugby and Northampton. 🤔
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by JefO on Today at 08:23:18 pm »
Broadway Melody of 1974 - Genesis
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10