Linked Events

• Keep to the Road! NYM ride: 31 July, 2010

Author Topic: Keep to the Road! North York Moors ride, 31/07/2010  (Read 31226 times)

Re: Keep to the Road! North York Moors ride, 31/07/2010
« Reply #200 on: 02 August, 2010, 11:07:05 am »
Possibly my favourite moment of the day was when MrsGT assumed that Mr Bunbury was a waiter, and asked him what the soup of the day was :)

Priceless!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #201 on: 02 August, 2010, 11:08:59 am »
When I left home on Friday afternoon I weighed 90kg (as of last Thursday evening).
This morning the scales say 89.5 kg :smug:
Thanks Dean :thumbsup:

edit: nevertheless I see from LindaG's pics that I can still do a passable impression of Mr.Blobby in my yacf KoM (Knackered onna Mountain) shirt ::-)

LindaG

« Reply #202 on: 02 August, 2010, 11:35:51 am »
When I left home on Friday afternoon I weighed 90kg (as of last Thursday evening).

edit: nevertheless I see from LindaG's pics that I can still do a passable impression of Mr.Blobby in my yacf KoM (Knackered onna Mountain) shirt ::-)
I love that shirt!  And Crusty now has The Covet, and wants me to buy him one just like it, now that he's seen yours.  So it can't look too bad  ;D 

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #203 on: 02 August, 2010, 02:09:22 pm »
When I asked Mrs GT what was the worst thing about the doing the ride her answer was getting her hair wet and having it look a mess whilst we were eating at the pub!
Crikey, if that was a mess then she should see me on a bad hair day!  I'm always impressed/slightly confused by the way that other people on forum rides somwhow contrive to look perfectly presentable throughout the day.....

Crinkly – do not let the time it took you to get up the hills bother you.  On social rides like this it is to be expected. Just keep at it and in time things will improve. I hope it does not put you off from doing any other rides like this one.
Not put off in the slightest.  Although I did wonder if I might not get invited back, given quite how long you must have spent waiting for me over the course of the day :) 

Skinny git!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #204 on: 02 August, 2010, 02:56:52 pm »
Although I did wonder if I might not get invited back, given quite how long you must have spent waiting for me over the course of the day :) 

That's the thing about yacf rides:there is always a wide spectrum of abilities,bikes & personalities which come together as a homogenous group whereby nobody is isolated in any way.
Any ride which I attend is slow.
This was the first ride-with-hills that I didn't use my 24" gear but made good use of the need to stop to"admire the views" ;)
The grimpeurs & mile-munchers   who attended are quite accustomed to waiting for me: I was never more than a couple of minutes in front of you so don't fret:
you'll be reet ;)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #205 on: 02 August, 2010, 03:18:56 pm »
I didn't get many photos and those I did are mainly rubbish but I offer you these two for your amusement/satisfaction:

Jogler pressing Mr. Nesbitt hard on one of the climbs.  ;)

Dean eating all the cake whilst Mr. Nesbitt does .... er, what is Mr. Nesbitt doing?

GillP

« Reply #206 on: 02 August, 2010, 05:30:43 pm »

In the sun with fettling in progress.

Some of the infeasibly youthful-looking ladies of the forum.

FTFY

Seriously, you Gill and MrsGT actually expect me to believe that you have grown up kids?  You're 'aving a larf!

I have a BIG birthday this year and I can't believe it either  ::-)

We don't look very happy about it though do we  :o

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #207 on: 02 August, 2010, 05:39:40 pm »

fret ye not:life begins at 40 :thumbsup:

GillP

« Reply #208 on: 02 August, 2010, 05:41:16 pm »
It was a good day for all the reasons I love yACF rides - in no particular order

• good company
  • good cake
  • hills (yes Jogler, I did say that!)
  • patient experienced cyclists happy to wait for the less able
  • meeting new peeps
  • good food and drink
  • laughter
  • spectacular scenery
  • less experienced cyclists challenging themselves and succeeding

GillP

« Reply #209 on: 02 August, 2010, 05:42:58 pm »

fret ye not:life begins at 40 :thumbsup:

You smooth talker  :-*