Author Topic: Garmin Edge 705 / computer wants format disc `e` !!  (Read 1208 times)

Garmin Edge 705 / computer wants format disc `e` !!
« on: 01 March, 2014, 05:18:45 pm »
My Edge 705 has just thrown a wobbley :(  AS usual plugged it into the laptop to download a .tcx file.

Nowt happened---instaed the 705 switched on and acted as if the laptop was an external power supply, ie it started itself up but did not establish a link with computer drive.

By holding down 705 on / off button maanged get computer icon on 705 screen but then got a message telling me to Format disc E  ::-) ::-).

I`ve done a Google search on this problem and a suggestion is a master reset by holding down power and mode buttons then YES to clear all user data.

It still does not communicate with computer---disc F is fine; still get message to format disc E

Please help !!!! I cannot get any .tcx loaded up---and I do NOT want format disc E

thanks  :thumbsup:
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
Re: Garmin Edge 705 / computer wants format disc `e` !!
« Reply #1 on: 01 March, 2014, 06:26:22 pm »
Sounds to me like the FAT of either the SD card or the internal memory is corrupted.

Is E: on your computer the internal memory of the Garmin or an SD card? (if they take them; I only have an eTrex sorry).

I suspect you might end up formatting E:, but hopefully someone will chime in with some better suggestions than I can offer.