Author Topic: Anyone used a Lezyne bike GPS thingy?  (Read 2180 times)

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
Anyone used a Lezyne bike GPS thingy?
« on: 04 August, 2017, 05:49:10 pm »
I want to buy a new bike computer/GPS thing, to go with a new bike to go with my new home, and like the look of the Lezyne products, such as this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01L212O9K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SN87V62ZQKR2&coliid=I16UOUAAP8Z216&psc=1 . however, I've seen no mention of them here.  I'm a bit anti Garmin, having had a lot of issues with their products over the years, so I'd prefer to avoid them.   I don;t need any sporty related stuff, just a record of where I've been, and the basics such as speed, average speed, etc.  Routing might be nice, but isn't totally essential.  I would have access to a smartphone whilst cycling too, but wouldn't want that on my handlebars!
Wombat

Re: Anyone used a Lezyne bike GPS thingy?
« Reply #1 on: 04 August, 2017, 06:33:16 pm »
I have a Lezyne Mini GPS ('year 9' version), got it cheap last winter when they were being sold off ahead of the 'year 10' version's release.
It's good but the battery life is poor in cold weather, specs quote 10 hour battery life but I was lucky to get 6 hours in the winter, which barely adequate for my winter rides, seems to be nearer to 10 hours now that we are in summer though.

« Reply #2 on: 04 August, 2017, 06:47:05 pm »
I've not used one, but there's a thread about them here: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=100466.msg2105772

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #3 on: 05 August, 2017, 10:02:08 am »
This screenshot (from Wiggle) doesn't inspire confidence  ;D
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #4 on: 05 August, 2017, 10:32:03 am »
Look at the Wahoo RFLKT. It acts as a remote display for your phone, is configurable and about £70. Ive had one for a couple of trouble free use.

« Reply #5 on: 05 August, 2017, 11:08:08 am »
+1 for Wahoo. I've recently started using the Elemnt which has blown Garmin out the water for me. Wahoo have just launched the 'Mini' which looks like a decent, basic device. As usual, DCRainmaker does fantastic reviews on YouTube and his site.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #6 on: 03 May, 2018, 07:04:47 am »
I am just about to pull the trigger on one but although I know it talks to Di2, I have not yet found mention that the screens can be scrolled remotely.