Author Topic: What are our thoughts on the Radius Peer Gynt?  (Read 4417 times)

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
What are our thoughts on the Radius Peer Gynt?
« on: 29 April, 2008, 09:35:10 pm »
A LWB recumbent they don't make any more.

Anyone experience of them?
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: What are our thoughts on the Radius Peer Gynt?
« Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2008, 09:39:52 pm »
Wanted one for years, and finally got ot try one at York Rally 1990.  It's never going to set the world on fire, and it is heavy compared to more recent 'bents, but it is very comfortable, and I am told is an all day rider.

Decent range of gears, web seat, USS, 700c rear wheel (IIRC), decent load carrying capacity.

Um - turning circle is pretty big.
Getting there...

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2008, 10:35:17 pm »
I had one for a year or two and then sold it to D-Tek. The one thing I hated was the handlebars. They were tucked away under your arse! I managed to bodge them to be wider and at my side ratehr than under me and it was great. Once that was sorted it was a lovely bike to ride. As Clarion says it is an "All Day Rider"
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #3 on: 29 April, 2008, 10:41:29 pm »
I nearly bought one many years ago, but ended up with a Linear instead... I have ridden this on and off for some twenty years.

Peer Gynt are lovely bikes, with good luggage capacity, You can have a standard pannier rack at the back and easily adapt a "low rider" for the front. There was also a platform rack for the "top tube". The ride is stable, reliable and predictable.

LWB are good solid workhorses but there are disadvantages. THe frame size is fixed, although you can slide the seat along the frame, but this alters the seat angle. Steering is underseat with a connecting rod, this is alterable as well..You have to poke the front out a fair way to see  around blind corners and also there is as above a wide turning circle. On foot this is countered by upending and turning on the rear wheel.

There is a Dino (unsuspended Peer Gynt for sale on Velovision for £300 at the moment).