Author Topic: Yorkshire Grit 28/01/23  (Read 3412 times)

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
Re: Yorkshire Grit 28/01/23
« Reply #25 on: 30 January, 2023, 09:22:27 am »
My brane was not engaged... After crossing the A168 at Asenby I realised..Doh! Decided to cut my losses  Rainton/A61.. which was not busy. Control at Ripon garage and back up the hill. Didn't cost much time in the end.

I did wonder exactly how many VC167 folk there are on trikes when I saw you going t'other way as I headed north out of Ripon!   

« Reply #26 on: 30 January, 2023, 04:21:29 pm »
My two anticipated rail replacement buses were unexpectedly replaced with actual trains so got home home from washing up duties a while back and have applied several rounds of restorative hand cream. I took no cake to the audax but ate quite a lot of it, did valiant battle with a lot of butternut squash armed with a dreadfully incompetent scout hut 'sharp' knife, drank a frankly ridiculous quantity of coffee and got to have a lovely catch up with some people I haven't seen in *yonks*. Excellent stuff!

Good to see you in fine fettle .
Thanks to Deano and all his helpers for an excellent event.
(Well apart from the deflation episode just outside Ripon)

« Reply #27 on: 04 February, 2023, 10:52:28 pm »
Phew, finally got around to the photies, here's Dave C and his wooden spoon prize (as well as the t shirt, there was a musette full of assorted tat - a mug, a notebook and another thing I forget):

[

Starters on the 50, note Flite's aforementioned fabulous Pogies in the background:

(I didn't get chance for many pics)

« Reply #28 on: 05 February, 2023, 11:21:52 am »
You've put an 'r' in "git" ...  (I'm sure you've had that already!)