Author Topic: Satori components: where from?  (Read 1228 times)

Satori components: where from?
« on: 29 September, 2017, 02:25:35 pm »
I spotted a nice pair of handlebars on a bike at the NEC last week. Specifically these: http://www.satoribike.com/pro.php?m=d&pid=133&cid=8&f=2

Now, I've seen Satori components on sale on eBay, but can I track down a UK retailer? Can I heck as like. :-/

Anybody with better knowledge or Google-fu than I can muster?
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
Re: Satori components: where from?
« Reply #1 on: 29 September, 2017, 02:49:24 pm »
Looks quite similar to the Love Mud Confucious bars. https://www.alpkit.com/products/love-mud-confucius

« Reply #2 on: 29 September, 2017, 03:17:16 pm »
They do indeed!  Unfortunately, the Alpkit ones are a fairly standard 9° sweep, while I'm looking for 15+ degrees for the sake of my game elbow :-/

Might be worth me contacting Alpkit, though. It's possible that they might have that bar made by Satori, and be able to source the more swept version. Thanks.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 29 September, 2017, 04:33:16 pm »
Bars with a loop on like the Satori have always been rare, and mostly aren't available for all that long. The only one that seems to have lasted is the Jones Loop H-bar, and that's probably because they charge enough to cover the welding costs adequately (eg £150 at CharlieTBM)

If you can do without the loop, or replace it with some accessory such as inboard-mounted bar ends or Tiramisus, the On One Mary bar may suit

« Reply #4 on: 29 September, 2017, 05:36:36 pm »
Funny you should say that. My current bar is an On-One Fleegle, with in-board bar ends. :-) The satori version was of interest because it replicates that set-up almost exactly, but with the added bonus of somewhere to mount a lamp. :-) 

So yes, if I can't track down a supplier then it's not a disaster. Or I might be tempted to try some Surly Molokos... http://surlybikes.com/parts/handlebars/moloko_bar

« Reply #5 on: 01 October, 2017, 09:38:19 pm »
Another option could be Velo-Orange Casey's Crazy bar.
Humpert also did a loop bar called the Moon Bügel. Honestly.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #6 on: 01 October, 2017, 10:03:24 pm »
Think my wholesalers keeps some Satori stuff. I'll ask tomorrow...
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #7 on: 04 October, 2017, 01:44:32 pm »
Well, a query direct to Satori in Taiwan eventually elicited the response that they have no UK importer, so that would appear to be that. Unless I enquire about minimum.order quantities and set up my own Fleabay distribution system, at least. ;-)

Thanks all!