Author Topic: 📨 Unintended emails  (Read 4631 times)

Re: 📨 Unintended emails
« Reply #25 on: 24 November, 2017, 09:04:30 pm »
I don't receive much random unintended email, but I know there are a lot of people in the US who receive plenty intended for me. All you need is a very common first name, a fairly common surname and an idiot who sends a bunch of of stuff via email, but assumes .com rather than .co.uk....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #26 on: 27 November, 2017, 01:45:12 pm »
... why change your name when you marry at all?

I think we came to the conclusion , half way through the rigmarole of name-changing, that it's probably best not to (even though more people can actually guess correctly the spelling of my surname than Butterfly's original).
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #27 on: 28 November, 2017, 01:27:42 pm »
This is what we get at the bottom of emails. The very last sentence is pertinent, especially when the email content is about Policy ???

This e-mail, and any files transmitted with it, is to be treated in accordance with its protective marking (if any) and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not a named addressee please notify the originator as soon as possible as this communication may contain privileged information. E-mail traffic on MOD systems is subject to monitoring, recording and auditing for lawful purposes. While this communication is believed to be free from viruses the MOD accepts no liability in this respect for any loss or damage. The statements expressed in this communication are personal and do not necessarily reflect opinions or policies of the department.
Should we be worried that the MoD still hyphenate email?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.