Author Topic: Chipping Norton road works...  (Read 1554 times)

Chipping Norton road works...
« on: 08 March, 2018, 12:44:18 pm »
Apparently the A361 Burford road, southern approach road, and The green, are closed for 6 weeks, for gas wks.  https://oxfordshire.roadworks.org/

Anyone happen to know how closed the roads will be - whether bikes/peds can get through?
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Re: Chipping Norton road works...
« Reply #1 on: 08 March, 2018, 01:02:01 pm »
Perhaps you should just contact the Highways Department responsible for that area.

« Reply #2 on: 08 March, 2018, 04:22:36 pm »
Perhaps you should just contact the Highways Department responsible for that area.

Been there done that haven't succeeded.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #3 on: 08 March, 2018, 04:34:56 pm »
At that point I would contact Scotia Gas Network as they are the promoters of the road works and should be able to advise the cycle / ped access. My guess is the call centre won't know but will pass the question onto the project team who will know.

« Reply #4 on: 08 March, 2018, 04:47:14 pm »
Can't be specific but major works round here in Suffolk have all had pedestrian access (so at worst can be walked with a bike)especially if there are houses nearby, usually use such as an excuse to explore on my bike - although yesterday the pedestrian route put me into a muddy field!
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

« Reply #5 on: 08 March, 2018, 06:31:53 pm »
If there is normally pedestrian access - eg a footpath - then that will be maintained. And if it’s closed except “for access” you’ll likely be able to cycle through.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)