Author Topic: Cycleman and The Bridge  (Read 3956 times)

Cycleman and The Bridge
« on: 03 June, 2018, 03:04:02 pm »
Everybody say "Aah".
Speaking to Cycleman just a short while ago and he told me his latest Saga that he has been too embarrassed to share here. He neglected to tell me not to share so I am.
Apparently, Chris was negotiating a particularly tricky bridge (normal bridge for most people but narrower than a trike) when it suddenly reared up and threw him and his eleccy trike in the stream below. A full immersion of the motor, battery, controls, front light and Chris has caused no harm, although cattle downstream are refusing to drink, and he is now thinking of visiting his brother in the Isle of Man and not bothering with the boat.
I didn't understand how the track rod got bent but he says that you mustn't worry about him; he will make Watlington come what may.
 ;D
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Cycleman and The Bridge
« Reply #1 on: 03 June, 2018, 05:28:36 pm »
Wow.  Glad he's okay.  Next trike accessory a parachute, floatation bags and a snorkel?

« Reply #2 on: 03 June, 2018, 05:33:09 pm »
I shouldn't laugh. But I totally am

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3 on: 03 June, 2018, 06:35:56 pm »
"Aah." And "Ouch!" Glad he's ok and as for the track rod, well... I take it he wasn't doing 35mph this time?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #4 on: 03 June, 2018, 06:58:52 pm »
"Aah." And "Ouch!" Glad he's ok and as for the track rod, well... I take it he wasn't doing 35mph this time?

I understood that he was taking it very carefully because he wasn't sure that the trike would fit  ;D

« Reply #5 on: 03 June, 2018, 07:13:50 pm »
I have put a post now in the im a fecking div thread  . No  only 1.3 mph  this time  . I am a bit worried about the fish that jumped out of the stream when I fell in  . The track rod bent when the wheel slipped over the side of the plank bridge. It is not designed to support the trike all on it's own.  I have got it nearly straight again but will order a new one Monday. I hope to get the tracking redone in time for the Watlington camping weekend  .  :) . The troll has agreed to move to a different bridge  and is recovering from the shock   ;D
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #6 on: 03 June, 2018, 07:38:19 pm »
Electric, psychological or combined shock?
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #7 on: 03 June, 2018, 07:59:20 pm »
I have put a post now in the im a fecking div thread  . No  only 1.3 mph  this time  . I am a bit worried about the fish that jumped out of the stream when I fell in  . The track rod bent when the wheel slipped over the side of the plank bridge. It is not designed to support the trike all on it's own.  I have got it nearly straight again but will order a new one Monday. I hope to get the tracking redone in time for the Watlington camping weekend  .  :) . The troll has agreed to move to a different bridge  and is recovering from the shock   ;D

I thought the troll had got back on the trike and gone back to your house but I may have misunderstood  :)

« Reply #8 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:40:01 am »
I think you must have nobby .troll's live under bridges and don't have any use for trike's.😀 .

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #9 on: 04 June, 2018, 04:30:04 pm »
I hope you took a photo for the "Bridges for Crinklylion" thread, Chris...?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #10 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:02:33 pm »
That gives me a excuse to go back and check the troll has gone    ;D I I'll take a picture tomorrow   :)

« Reply #11 on: 04 June, 2018, 07:37:07 pm »
Eek! Glad you and the trike survived the dunking. That's your bath sorted for another month  :thumbsup:

Glad you are going to make Watlington, shout if you have problems, we have Red Ted 2 now for rescue purposes.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #12 on: 04 June, 2018, 08:14:21 pm »
At least I understand now why a certain gentleman phoned me last week to ask if I'd managed to get the welding done on his other Trice . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #13 on: 05 June, 2018, 08:23:26 am »
 ;D , thanks butterfly, I hope to get the new track rod and tracking sorted by Wednesday so all being well I will be there on the trice. If the trice isn't ready I may appear on the sun ez3 and slow things down again   :)

« Reply #14 on: 05 June, 2018, 01:19:11 pm »
At least I understand now why a certain gentleman phoned me last week to ask if I'd managed to get the welding done on his other Trice . . .

Again!!!! :o
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #15 on: 05 June, 2018, 01:37:38 pm »
I am waiting for the book to come out.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: 05 June, 2018, 07:51:03 pm »
Yes  ,  wobbly John  .  The old Peter Ross snapped around the chain pulley  .
Sorry canardly  ,  no book I'm afraid.  I'm a lousy writer   :)

« Reply #17 on: 06 June, 2018, 06:37:19 pm »
Yes  ,  wobbly John  .  The old Peter Ross snapped around the chain pulley  .
Sorry canardly  ,  no book I'm afraid.  I'm a lousy writer   :)

Tsk, tsk cycleman. You are not a lousy writer!
Idiosyncratic, maybe. Over enthusiastic use of the spacebar perhaps, but lousy never!  :D

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #18 on: 07 June, 2018, 01:02:34 am »
This thread's title has suddenly reminded me of a vague childhood memory of televisual horror: Quatermass and the Pit.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #19 on: 07 June, 2018, 09:03:22 am »

I thought the troll had got back on the trike and gone back to your house but I may have misunderstood  :)

We've missed you Nobby!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #20 on: 11 June, 2018, 07:30:32 am »
This thread's title has suddenly reminded me of a vague childhood memory of televisual horror: Quatermass and the Pit.

I remember my Mum falling asleep in her chair without sending my brother and me to bed before it came on.
Watched the episode with the tendril things under the gravel while peeking out from around the back of the settee  :-\

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #21 on: 13 June, 2018, 05:20:52 pm »
A cyclist was found electrocuted, half in Sweden half in Denmark ...

« Reply #22 on: 13 June, 2018, 07:39:04 pm »
A cyclist was found electrocuted, half in Sweden half in Denmark ...

Thank God for you Karla.
I was starting to wonder if The Bridge and Saga references should have been highlighted. :)

« Reply #23 on: 27 June, 2018, 11:25:17 am »
The bridge

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FeiHar2ZYwSRfqGs5

The troll has gone to Wolverhampton I think  ;)

« Reply #24 on: 28 June, 2018, 04:01:19 pm »
The bridge

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FeiHar2ZYwSRfqGs5

The troll has gone to Wolverhampton I think  ;)

I should think so. We have a much better class of bridge in these parts. ;D
Tell me, had you been participating of alcohol when you thought a trike would fit on that? :P