Author Topic: A random thread for food things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 507936 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Partner dislikes anything smoked so we have unsmoked bacon.
I have to indulge in smoked salmon elsewhere...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
All Bacon Is Good.

Here endeth the lesson.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Latest Brummie delight

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Chocolate naan? Oh my. I hope we get that here soon.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Chocolate naan? Oh my. I hope we get that here soon.

They'd only deep-fry it, thobut.

(I'm still trying to work out if it's nice or not.  Haven't been interested in food for over a week.)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
All Bacon Is Good.

Here endeth the lesson.

<BONG!> yacf member outed as a Scout leader </BONG!>
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Not to my taste...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-43056304

Much though I like CAEK, I think making and eating effigies of Small Children ghoulish.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Agreed.  Not really an optimal medium for that sort of artwork.

Eating effigies of small children should be restricted to the traditional cyclists' / Fourth Doctor favourite, which aren't really that anthropomorphic anyway.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
I can hear the playgroup now: "I want his head!" "Give Jimmy his arse, he's a -" "George, don't do that."
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
At Scouts on Friday we did things about Korea, both N & S. I asked the Young People if they were aware of the fine film actor Steven Seagal. They were not, so once I'd explained who he was I then had to explain the film "Under Siege". (Stay with me, I'm getting to the point.)  In this fine celluloid excursion Bad Things happen and misc. naval bods are gathered in an ops room. One of them exclaims that they're "in deep kimchi".  I explain to the Young People how being "in deep kimchi" is US military way of saying "in deep trouble" and then explain what kimchi is. It's a korean dish made of fermented cabbage and radishes with, in this case, chilli powder and garlic.   Then we tasted some.

It wasn't really worth the wait. 
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Fired up my old Europiccola, idle for over a year, put some Bob-a-Link in the grinder and managed to pull a perfect centimetre-deep ristretto on just the second go - the kind that sings out "another one, quick!" as it slides down.  I forebore, though, 14 grammes of coffee for a single cup being somewhat strong.

Feeling sorta trembly now. Wonder why...

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
On a whim, got some 'seafood sticks' from a jolly well known supermarket.

OMFG! FUCKING HELL! THAT WAS RANK!  :sick: :sick: :sick:

How nasty? #2 cat gave it a snif and walked off. #1 cat* tucked in then gave everyone fish breath for the rest of the evening**

*#1 cat is a dick.

**involving lots of unnecessary 'in yer face' sharing, sitting on shoulder 'watcha doin', nose to nose, stuff like that.
VELOMANCER

hellymedic

• Just do it!
(click to show/hide)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
Maybe I got a bad one.

Don't want to try them again, thobut.
VELOMANCER

T42

• Apprentice geezer
With one exception, all the clementines and mandarins we've bought this winter have had pinkish-orange pith and mushy centre stems inside. They also smell and taste different from the way they did in earlier years, although we did have a few lots of pink-pith ones last year. I find the smell repulsive; missus eats them quite happily (and just across the table from me :sick: ).

Me: they're infected
Missus: it's the variety
Me: in two different subspecies/varieties/whatever ?

Anyone else noticed this?

nicknack

• Hornblower
Mrs n very helpfully reminded me that I hadn't decanted last autumn's sloe gin. So that made a nice change from staring at the bloody snow. It's good too!
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
There's a well known poem (so well known I can't remember anything else about it) about taking plums from someone's fridge:
They were delicious
And so cold.

I've never felt the attraction of coldness in summer, or even autumnal, fruit, but apples don't come better than a Coxes taken from a backpack and eaten at just above zero.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
OTOH one of the best bits of cheese I've ever eaten had been riding in the side pocket of a rucksack for 3 days in hot weather.

Cudzoziemiec

All we need is to find a way to combine the two different sorts of weather at the same time.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
I've never felt the attraction of coldness in summer, or even autumnal, fruit, but apples don't come better than a Coxes taken from a backpack and eaten at just above zero.

I know what you mean, but I would say Cox's are at their best eaten straight after picking off the tree in my garden at the point of perfect ripeness on a warm late-summer's day.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

hellymedic

• Just do it!

I know what you mean, but I would say Cox's are at their best eaten straight after picking off the tree in my garden at the point of perfect ripeness on a warm late-summer's day.

Both are true IMHO: anything (almost) eaten when you're really hungry tastes extra-good and there's nothing that can surpass properly tree-ripened fresh fruit.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
All we need is to find a way to combine the two different sorts of weather at the same time.

Baked Alaska.

Cudzoziemiec

Baked Alaska.
With cheese?!!!

Cudzoziemiec

Granted.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
This Is Just To Say

I have eaten

the plums

that were in

the icebox

and which

you were probably

saving

for breakfast

Forgive me

they were delicious

so sweet

and so cold

My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Cudzoziemiec

Thank you