Author Topic: PBP 2015 Start Date  (Read 10453 times)

pizzicatooff

• Night riding is inevitable
PBP 2015 Start Date
« on: 17 December, 2014, 05:32:22 pm »
The news on the PBP start date is that there is no news, I'm afraid.

Jean-Gualbert Faburel of Audax Club Parisien, organisers of PBP, reported late last night that
we still have no news about the date of the PBP start. We will have a meeting with the French administration next week and we will try to get an answer. It’s a real mess…

Re: PBP 2015 Start Date
« Reply #1 on: 17 December, 2014, 05:33:42 pm »
Thanks for the update Pizz. It's a pretty poor show though.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 17 December, 2014, 06:01:59 pm »
You can blame the French for it (but not ACP, in this instance).
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

LMT

« Reply #3 on: 17 December, 2014, 06:50:03 pm »
Been wondering about this, thanks for the update.

Andrew

« Reply #4 on: 17 December, 2014, 07:26:46 pm »
For folk that are used to the mechanisms of daily life in France, this really is of little surprise. The other thing I would say is; fret not, it'll all come right on the night.

I appreciate it presents difficulties for those that are anxious to book flights/hotels/time off work but rest assured everyone is in the same boat. So chill out, allow the egos of beaurocrats to have thier moment of power and know that all will be resolved in enough time for you to sort yourselves out. :thumbsup:

guidon

• formerly known as cyclone
« Reply #5 on: 17 December, 2014, 09:51:29 pm »
Oh indeed - This is normal for here.....hair-curlingly frustrating for non-french folk  ;)

« Reply #6 on: 17 December, 2014, 10:10:18 pm »
I appreciate it presents difficulties for those that are anxious to book flights/hotels/time off work but rest assured everyone is in the same boat. So chill out, allow the egos of beaurocrats to have thier moment of power and know that all will be resolved in enough time for you to sort yourselves out. :thumbsup:

Except that some of us have already booked travel and hotels based on the original dates
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #7 on: 17 December, 2014, 10:12:53 pm »
Hotels are booked but can be cancelled, after all I might not even qualify anyway.
I do appreciate that this sort of thing happens in France, and on The Fridays tour from Caen to Bordeaux the trip back to the ferry at Caen was a nightmare because of a long train strike caused by government plans to merge two sections of the railway. This sort of thing is normal. Meanwhile, of course, the Germans are laughing in their socks as they watch a great European power fritter away its economic and moral sway in Europe while the Baltic nations are resurgent.
No wonder there is debate over whether the French way of life can continue: its loss would be a tragedy.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

« Reply #8 on: 21 December, 2014, 03:50:47 pm »
Are we any wiser yet?
I dunno why anybody's doing this!

Sabine

• In France
« Reply #9 on: 21 December, 2014, 04:19:59 pm »
ACP said on Facebook that they would know before the end of December.

« Reply #10 on: 22 December, 2014, 07:21:14 am »
He's dead right 'its a mess'.

For an event that's been happenning every four years for the last four or more decades, I'd have though it would be on every local admin department's calendar as something they have to be expecting.

« Reply #11 on: 22 December, 2014, 07:40:52 am »
If they do change the date I hope they get the weather right on the revised date too ::-) ::-)
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #12 on: 22 December, 2014, 06:06:07 pm »
Look, can someone just buy the appropriate Mayor(s) a bottle of Whiskey and get this sorted?

I'm fairly sure this is how things are resolved.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

Charlie Boy

• Dreams in kilometers
« Reply #13 on: 22 December, 2014, 09:25:42 pm »
I'm sure the resolution will come swiftly. Those who have booked travel already know they took a risk. They may not even qualify. That is a chance they chose to take.
Mojo is being awakened.

pizzicatooff

« Reply #14 on: 23 December, 2014, 09:10:12 pm »
Latest news, as of this evening, from Jean-Gualbert Faburel of ACP is
We had a meeting with the french administration but the decision is still the same… As a start on Monday could be very difficult to manage (safety of the riders, availability of the car parks…), we will try by another way to have an agreement on a start on Sunday. It will take us some more weeks to discuss about it.

Sorry for all this delay. We try to speed up but, as you know, it’s not easy to act quickly when you have to change an administrative decision.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #15 on: 23 December, 2014, 09:19:52 pm »
Thanks for the update.

A few hundred AUKs will just continue to circle in the holding pattern for a bit longer.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #16 on: 23 December, 2014, 10:15:58 pm »
A few hundred AUKs will just continue to circle in the holding pattern for a bit longer.

Stopping off at every cake opportunity along the way, I trust.

I do feel sorry, though, for those travelling from far afield who may have had to book flights well in advance for cost or logistical reasons.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #17 on: 23 December, 2014, 10:43:51 pm »

I do feel sorry, though, for those travelling from far afield who may have had to book flights well in advance for cost or logistical reasons.

Yes, same here.

I sit here as an indecisive, confused individual who never really knows whether he wants a p*** or a s*** - it matters little to me, I can rearrange work much near the time, and only live a stones through away [north of London].

But for others much further afield who work in a more structured environment where they have to book time off well in advance, it must be a right frustrating PITA to be witness to the the messing around that is going on.
Garry Broad

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #18 on: 24 December, 2014, 09:45:49 am »
This just arrived : We are pleased to announce that the departure of the PBP Randonneur 2015 is maintained on Sunday August 16th. More information to come in the coming weeks.
Nous sommes heureux de vous annoncer que le départ du PBP Randonneur est maintenu au dimanche 16 août 2015. Plus d'informations à venir au cours des prochaines semaines.

pizzicatooff

« Reply #19 on: 24 December, 2014, 10:04:39 am »
Yes indeed: joy unbounded.

An email from J-G Faburel says:
We received today a phone call… it wasn’t Santa Claus but it looks like !

The PBP start will be held in August 16th as planned.

We could have to modify a little bit the organization of the starts but the date will be maintained.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #20 on: 24 December, 2014, 02:38:24 pm »
Sounds like start-times  could be changed quite substantially (again). Should gerenate a few reams of discussion about schedules,  sleep-stops (and valve-caps) etc !
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

LMT

« Reply #21 on: 24 December, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »
Grand.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #22 on: 24 December, 2014, 05:00:02 pm »
(and valve-caps)
Already I fret about valve cap colour. Matching? Contrasting? Or clear?
Not to mention the length of the actual valve stem. Long? Short? Medium?
There's a lot more to audaxing than meets the eye......
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #23 on: 24 December, 2014, 05:20:39 pm »
Yellow.

« Reply #24 on: 24 December, 2014, 06:01:05 pm »
40 or 60 mm though ? ----valve stem that is :D
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above