Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2998412 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #24575 on: 06 November, 2019, 01:26:39 pm »
It'd be interesting to see how much oomph their breaker box can handle.  Ours is set for 40 amps.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #24576 on: 06 November, 2019, 03:57:20 pm »
Probably the UK standard 100A.  It's not like anyone with that many sockets is drawing significant power from all of them.  If they were, there would be signs of air-conditioning.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #24577 on: 06 November, 2019, 04:47:45 pm »
Probably the UK standard 100A.  It's not like anyone with that many sockets is drawing significant power from all of them.  If they were, there would be signs of air-conditioning.
Plug in air conditioning, obvs.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #24578 on: 06 November, 2019, 06:20:53 pm »
Speaking of which, maybe the property has had flooding issues in the past and the many sockets above floor level are for the plugging  in of dehumidifiers and GBFO heaters.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #24579 on: 07 November, 2019, 11:46:30 am »
I've just been asked if my moustache is for Movember (?)
The only answer I could think of was, "Yes. I've been growing it for 7 days now."
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #24580 on: 07 November, 2019, 07:04:36 pm »
There is a is a charity fundraising thing for growing moustaches this month
I don't remember what they are raising money for though  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #24581 on: 07 November, 2019, 07:52:00 pm »
There is a is a charity fundraising thing for growing moustaches this month
I don't remember what they are raising money for though  :)

Razors?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #24582 on: 07 November, 2019, 08:31:47 pm »
Movember's for some male-specific cancer, prostate I think...

Premature male death... https://uk.movember.com

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #24583 on: 08 November, 2019, 02:34:06 pm »
150th anniversary of Nature's first issue. You can download a PDF facsimile here:

https://www.nature.com/immersive/d42859-019-00121-0/public/pdf/nature-issue-1-high-res.pdf

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #24584 on: 10 November, 2019, 08:12:06 pm »
A Facebook friend is travelling from London to Edinburgh.
Facebook has posted a graphic showing journey start in London and destination somewhere to the south-east, possibly Tunbridge Wells.
I am Disgusted!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #24585 on: 12 November, 2019, 01:19:06 pm »
They are relaying the back street stones atm. noisy beeping from reversing digger, very high vis orange on all workers, steel toes boots, humming from generators in their little shed/wc etc health and safety you know.

But don't give a shit about the orange plastic barriers and the metal gate that goes flying when the wind picks up

Even after I told them last Friday, not a good place to put this - fenced off area for their gubbins. As no bin have survived more than 1-2 days before owner of said thing have to pick it up down the hill. (We live top of a hill, roads and houses around here makes a nice wind tunnel when weather is bad, that hits the corner of our house hard and is where they have set up camp) Me and Peli spend some time moving barriers out of street and laying them in such a way that they wouldn't go flying again, one metal plate/traffic sign landed about 2 feet away from our car.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #24586 on: 12 November, 2019, 01:26:55 pm »
I assume anyone who works with those plastic barriers is well acquainted with their inability to stay put.  If it's not the wind, it's the oiks or the motorists.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #24587 on: 13 November, 2019, 12:55:40 am »
My sister emailed me two days ago to tell me her #3 son was engaged.

Tonight, Facebook suggests his intended is one of the 'people you may know'.

We have not yet met...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #24588 on: 13 November, 2019, 07:54:59 pm »
I received a letter from the government today. It invited me to claim my state pension. It starts on 6th March next year.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Chris S

« Reply #24589 on: 14 November, 2019, 12:19:57 am »
I received a letter from the government today. It invited me to claim my state pension. It starts on 6th March next year.

Some of that money is Tory money1. Or proceeds from arms sales. How does that feel?

Asking for a friend.

1 By that, I mean - money such as "Here, invest those £several millions in my chum's fracking futures" investments we all hope our pensions aren't used for...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #24590 on: 14 November, 2019, 09:13:40 am »
These days I reckon that state pensions are paid out of the contributions of those who haven't yet attained pensionable age.

Take what you can get, Wow, they'd only piss it away otherwise.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #24591 on: 14 November, 2019, 01:17:58 pm »
These days I reckon that state pensions are paid out of the contributions of those who haven't yet attained pensionable age.

Were they ever not?

rr

« Reply #24592 on: 14 November, 2019, 01:37:25 pm »
I have been tasked with finding a replacement knob for Lt. Col. Larrington (retd) as his* fell off and rolled under the gas stove.

* or rather that of his chip pan
As a PSO I led a rent strike in Bernard Sunley house, in part prompted by an almost total lack of cooker knobs in the kitchens, (probably also mild concussion and two much beer after the guilds rugby 7s).

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
« Reply #24593 on: 14 November, 2019, 02:09:54 pm »

Me too!

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #24594 on: 14 November, 2019, 02:15:53 pm »
Surprised that your area is prone to flooding?  The name "Fishlake" ought to be a bit of a clue.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #24595 on: 14 November, 2019, 05:43:06 pm »
I see some of the £10 notes that D obtained from the RBS in Harrow today were RBS Scottish things.

Good thing I'm venturing North tomorrow and train is Edinburgh-bound!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #24596 on: 14 November, 2019, 06:16:14 pm »
I see some of the £10 notes that D obtained from the RBS in Harrow today were RBS Scottish things.

Good thing I'm venturing North tomorrow and train is Edinburgh-bound!
Would that make them ten poond notes?
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/12/twenty-poond-notes-investigation-after-atm-dispenses-toy-money
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #24597 on: 14 November, 2019, 06:29:12 pm »
These appear to be genuine brown bits of plastic, wiv windows, hologams, micrtext and evryfink.
They came from an RBS ATM, not a Notemachine so I think they are genuine.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #24598 on: 15 November, 2019, 09:07:25 pm »
Just seen Milli Vanilli on TOTP2.
They can't even mime convincingly, surprised they didn't get found out earlier...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #24599 on: 15 November, 2019, 09:19:19 pm »
Maybe they were doing it deliberately badly, to throw people off the scent?