Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: London Sightseer cafe stop
« Last post by robgul on Today at 04:24:23 pm »
Still doesn't seem to be on the Calendar.  Wonder if anyone has any contact details.

The organiser is Bill Carnaby from Hounslow & District Wheelers (he's listed as the secretary) -  email contact for the club is  secretary@hdwcycling.co.uk   - probably best way to try and enquire.

I might have Bill's contact details on an old route sheet for the event - I'll have a butcher's when I get a chance.    I'm keen to ride it this year, possibly even both editions if they are happening.

AND - I think Dave LWAB otp may have some details for Bill or a line of communication?
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Redlight on Today at 04:18:55 pm »
Up around the bend - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Health & Fitness / Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Last post by chrisbainbridge on Today at 04:13:42 pm »
After my cathartic post above and a good nights sleep I have managed 30 minutes on the turbo spinning gently. The ankle feels looser and no more sore so I think I can keep some fitness like this until I can run again.

Good luck everybody for avoiding the weather this weekend
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 04:04:44 pm »
What a multi-hyphenate is.

Seems to be quite a common usage but has passed me by until now. Designates someone with many strings to their bow, as we used to say.

So a singer-songwriter would be a single-hyphenate. A multi-hyphenate might be a singer-songwriter-trombonist-filmmaker-wizard. For example.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 04:02:38 pm »
Bend Me, Shake Me - Amen Corner
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Seen today
« Last post by The French Tandem on Today at 04:02:08 pm »
There's a tall maple tree in our garden that hosts a magpie's nest.  Yesterday, our attention was drawn by abnormal noise coming from the tree. Six magpies were nervously flying and yelling around the tree. Then we saw a buzzard flying off the tree, with a chick between its claws :(

I didn't realise until then how sociable magpies are with each other. A couple of magpies is in trouble, and they ask for help from other couples. We humans have things to learn from them!

A
Audax / Re: London Sightseer cafe stop
« Last post by st599 on Today at 03:58:01 pm »
Still doesn't seem to be on the Calendar.  Wonder if anyone has any contact details.
The Knowledge / Re: Project Handlebar
« Last post by nikki on Today at 03:56:10 pm »
Both my Moultons have long 35 degree stems to put the drop bars in the right place for me. I got past setting up a bike for somebody else’s visual appeal a long time ago. A bike is a tool for covering miles and creating good memories, so whatever works towards those aims is the right way to go.

Seconded, but with fewer Moultons.

I suspect I'm going to end up with a stem like that too when I replace the fugly adjustable that's on the Adventure Commuter build.
The Dark Side / Re: Sun ez3 stolen
« Last post by Blodwyn Pig on Today at 03:52:24 pm »
Good stuff!. Awaiting the gory details.
The Pub / Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 03:38:58 pm »

Despite me being home all day, staying in intentionally so that I would be here for my parcel. DHL didn't even bother to ring the door bell. So now I have to wait until Monday afternoon to be able to pick up my box of tools. Argh.

J
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10