Author Topic: Clever kids cycling awareness/promotion  (Read 2031 times)

Clever kids cycling awareness/promotion
« on: 25 April, 2008, 01:01:54 am »
Spotted this tonight painted outside my nephews primary school. It's about 15ft long and certainly caught my nephews attention. They went home and pestered their mum to let them cycle to school tomorrow so I guess it's working.

Lewis insisted on getting in on the action.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Clever kids cycling awareness/promotion
« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2008, 09:10:17 am »
Whatever works... :)
Getting there...

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2008, 09:24:13 am »
Funny, I'd wondered about promoting citycycling on cyclepaths in the same way....

Given that's cyclingscotland it would appear to be officially sanctioned graffiti?

By the way, Kyuss, the pdf of the mag I was trying to send you is HUGE and wouldn't go, so I've bought the latest copy and will get it to you.

« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2008, 02:16:36 pm »
We're a couple of miles from MiniQ's school (she's in year 6) and it's mostly along a busy B-road.  Generally the car is used if I'm heading out to work, but if I'm working from home we go on the tandem - like this morning.  The success of a tandem ride is judged by the number of people who express interest in the bike/lifestyle etc.  We haven't had an unsuccessful ride since we bought the bike in January.  It's stimulated a lot of talk in the playground amongst the parents who approved "but would never do that sort of thing themselves".  Instead, they drive everywhere and join a gym which they never use.