Author Topic: FSA 30mm Bottom Bracket Compatibility  (Read 868 times)

FSA 30mm Bottom Bracket Compatibility
« on: 14 May, 2020, 07:04:19 pm »
 My bike has an FSA Gossamer Pro ABS Double 386EVO Chainset and an "FSA BB386 EVO Megaevo BSA Threaded Bottom Bracket"

Is the chainset compatible with any 30mm bottom brackets or is their something special with FSA? 

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ― Albert Einstein

Re: FSA 30mm Bottom Bracket Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2020, 08:17:52 pm »
https://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/bb386-crank-to-bsa-frame-thread-steel-bearings

This looks like the thing you are after. The Mega bit is about it being for threaded brackets.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2020, 09:54:01 am »
BB30 and PF30 cranksets are fully interchangeable.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2020, 10:01:50 am »
be aware that some 30mm spindles use 28mm nds bearing

go for the original fsa bb if you want to be certain, otherwise ensure that bearings on both sides have 30mm inner diameter

(i use these bb's on two of my bikes, still going fine after several years. they are very well sealed, therefore draggy when new; less draggy once the seals wear in.)

« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2020, 04:34:44 pm »
Thanks for the replies. The original hasn't lasted long and the cheapest I can find them is £35. I'm not a big fan of external bottom brackets and they are nowhere near as reliable as an old sealed UN51/71. At the end of the day they are all just a couple of machined aluminium shells with a standard industrial bearing in. A decent Shimano BB is about £15 so £35 seems excessive. I know I can buy bearings but I'd rather not try changing them on the only one I've got, rather have "a wash and a wear" so to speak.       
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” ― Albert Einstein

« Reply #5 on: 16 May, 2020, 05:55:01 pm »
I'm not sure what you're suggesting. Do you mean to change the BB type and keep the chainset? Other BBs may not fit your frame.