Author Topic: Steve Earle: I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive  (Read 703 times)

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Steve Earle: I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
« on: 26 April, 2011, 10:44:58 pm »
Loving this new release by Steve Earle - probably my favourite studio album by him since Transcendental Blues in 2000.

Hoping that he tours with the band this time, last few live shows have all been solo efforts.  Good and all but I like the full sound.  I've seen every tour since '95 but I'm really looking forward to this one.

Re: Steve Earle: I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
« Reply #1 on: 26 April, 2011, 10:50:12 pm »
Is the title a cover of the Hank Williams song?  Two of my favourite songs are Hank's "I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You) and Steve's similarly titled but different "Still In Love With You".

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: 26 April, 2011, 11:00:07 pm »
Is the title a cover of the Hank Williams song?  Two of my favourite songs are Hank's "I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You) and Steve's similarly titled but different "Still In Love With You".

Yes - the title is - he doesn't cover the song but he does have a book coming out in May with the same title which does involve Hank Williams in an interesting way.

I enjoyed his collection of short stories 'Doghouse Roses' so I'm curious what his novel will be like.

« Reply #3 on: 26 April, 2011, 11:06:52 pm »
Cheers, WW.  I'm gradually building up a picture of you: Country Music meets Mediaeval Fight Club...interesting!