Author Topic: Space sim fan? Like Elite? Ever fly from a TCS carrier against the Cats?  (Read 876 times)

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Love first person cockpit view space combat sims? Then this is for you:

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

If Chris Roberts pulls off even half of what he is aiming for then this is the space combat sim you have been dreaming of ever since you first flew that Cobra Mk III on your first flight from Lave orbital station, or flew missions against the Kilrathi from the TCS Tiger's Claw (or even tried to defend Earth in Codename Mat).

Hell, like Roberts says himself in the (extended begging) video on that site, this is the game he has been dying to make since he saw Star Wars when he was eight.  Gets my vote: "Right on Commander!"

I appreciate that this may be a small number of you but for those of you who love this stuff, this is (hopefully) everything we've been waiting for (pretty much since we first saw Star Wars like Chris).  Admittedly, the wait will be at least 18 months for open alpha/beta but Chris Roberts has made so many great games that I have enjoyed playing that I'm happy to help crowdsource this one, even if it doesn't come off.

Jakob

Re: Space sim fan? Like Elite? Ever fly from a TCS carrier against the Cats?
« Reply #1 on: 16 October, 2012, 08:27:30 am »
Yeah. I'm debating how much to cough up. Leaning towards $60, but may go in for $125.