Author Topic: Rollapaluza Urban Hill Climb - Highgate, London Thursday 22-07-10  (Read 1400 times)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Just got an email from the nice people at Rollapaluza:

Rollapaluza Urban Hill Climb 22.07.10, 6.30pm-9pm, Swains Lane, Highgate, London
With support and prizes from Condor Cycles

Hope you can make it to this new event for London, we believe this is the first true Hill-Climb in Central London with full road closure!

On Thursday 22nd after the pros in the Tour de France have battled their way up the Col du Tourmalet, Londoners (and visitors!) will be able to grab their own piece of glory on the slopes of Highgate’s renowned Swains Lane which features in Simon Warren’s new book “100 Greatest Cycling Climbs” ( 100 Greatest Cycling Climbs)

Entry is free so you’ll need to register quickly in order to take part. If the atmosphere is anything like the famous BEC and Catford hill climbs which inspired this event but traditionally happen later in the year and far outside London, then it's going to be a great evening.

Condor cycles are supporting the event with top-notch prizes totalling over £750 in value and Rollapaluza themselves are putting up a cash prize pot of £500.

Full details and online entry are here: Rollapaluza Roller Racing   » Rollapaluza Urban Hill Climb 22.07.10 Swains Lane, London. Online entry closes on Tuesday 20th at 9pm.

I’m very tempted – anyone up for it?
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Re: Rollapaluza Urban Hill Climb - Highgate, London Thursday 22-07-10
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2010, 07:38:04 pm »
I'll be spectating tomorrow. See you there?
#makewattsnotwar

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 22 July, 2010, 07:59:33 am »
Possibly.  I've not entered because I know I'd never get there from work in time.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2010, 08:23:08 am »
I plan to be there to take pictures,  I was too chicken to take part my form has been rubbish this year.

I will be wearing a KoTM jersey :-)
Just someone's butler

« Reply #4 on: 22 July, 2010, 08:28:38 am »
I've not entered because I'd embarrass myself!
#makewattsnotwar

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #5 on: 22 July, 2010, 09:27:20 am »
Road noted.  I won't be there tonight but I will give it a go some other time.  Preferably at an hour when I'm unlikely to encounter anyone else on the road so I can suffer in private.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: