Author Topic: Rock Racing  (Read 2072 times)

Snugsy

Rock Racing
« on: 05 September, 2008, 11:16:09 am »
This lot are riding in the ToB.

What do people know about them? They appear to include a collection of veterans who've served their time for doping.

Re: Rock Racing
« Reply #1 on: 05 September, 2008, 11:17:50 am »
Cippollini rode with them for a race in the USA earlier this year.

Snugsy

« Reply #2 on: 05 September, 2008, 11:20:37 am »
I think I've found some of the answers to my question thanks to the Fatcyclist blog:

Fat Cyclist  » Blog Archive   » Rock Racing Q&A

« Reply #3 on: 05 September, 2008, 11:22:18 am »
They are named Rock Racing after cocaine or is it heroin, "Chinese Rocks" apparently.

Snugsy

« Reply #4 on: 05 September, 2008, 11:35:38 am »
They are named Rock Racing after cocaine or is it heroin, "Chinese Rocks" apparently.

But those are perfomrance-reducing drugs

;D

I note Super Mario dropped them (yes, that's the way round I'd put it) earlier this year, according to the Comic

« Reply #5 on: 05 September, 2008, 01:02:39 pm »
A perma tanned crew of riders in a team owned by an outspoken 'fashion designer' cum self-made millionaire Michael Ball. His firm is Rock and Republic and they make £200 jeans amongst other things. Support vehicles are Cadillac Escalades and the whole thing is v. American. Perma tanned laydeez accompany the team and whilst the team and especially Ball (think Alan Sugar/Simon Cowell) have their detractors the team does add colour and a certain 'chutzpah' to the cycling arena

Katherin

« Reply #6 on: 11 September, 2008, 05:18:00 pm »
A perma tanned crew of riders in a team owned by an outspoken 'fashion designer' cum self-made millionaire Michael Ball. His firm is Rock and Republic and they make £200 jeans amongst other things. Support vehicles are Cadillac Escalades and the whole thing is v. American. Perma tanned laydeez accompany the team and whilst the team and especially Ball (think Alan Sugar/Simon Cowell) have their detractors the team does add colour and a certain 'chutzpah' to the cycling arena

Yep!  IMO they're a good addition to the sport.  We need a little "colour" and "chutzpah" sometimes. 

Of course their jerseys have that "bad boy" look about them, like what I see kids wearing on the street.  LOL!

Blue kit they wore in London

Katherin

gonzo

« Reply #7 on: 11 September, 2008, 05:38:19 pm »
They appear to ride different kit every race!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #8 on: 11 September, 2008, 06:06:30 pm »
They have stated that they will have race/event specific kit (The London kit was green with Harrods logos, then it changed to the Union Flag design kit for the rest of the races).  this has already got them into trouble as the sponsor logos and placement should not change...

Quickrelease.tv  » Blog Archive   » Blazers take umbrage at Rock Racing’s kit switching
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State