Author Topic: X-Factor 2010  (Read 6816 times)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
X-Factor 2010
« on: 21 August, 2010, 08:04:04 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Geri Halliwell is annoying me. The Zimbabwean girl was brilliant.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Re: X-Factor 2010
« Reply #1 on: 21 August, 2010, 08:06:28 pm »
I'm having this inflicted on me.

You have no such excuse.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #2 on: 21 August, 2010, 08:07:10 pm »
I like it. I like Eurovision, and I like Britain's Got Talent. However, I don't watch any of the dancing or skating ones.

border-rider

« Reply #3 on: 21 August, 2010, 08:09:40 pm »
I'm having this inflicted on me.

You have no such excuse.

^This

It's for the love of Mrs MV alone that I'm not wrestling the remote from her hand.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #4 on: 21 August, 2010, 08:15:11 pm »
I love your erudite turn of phrase ;) ;D

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #5 on: 21 August, 2010, 08:16:41 pm »
I find it's more like having your brains sucked out through your nose with a straw, like wot the Egyptians used to do to dead pharaohs.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #6 on: 21 August, 2010, 08:18:57 pm »
Well, I wasn't planning on using them till Wednesday. And it was you, Mr Zilla, who started the Jedward thread last year.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #7 on: 21 August, 2010, 08:20:50 pm »
I find it's more like having your brains sucked out through your nose with a straw, like wot the Egyptians used to do to dead pharaohs.

Flatus's style simply appeals to my sense of humour :thumbsup:
I really enjoyed our chat when I first met him

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #8 on: 21 August, 2010, 08:27:00 pm »
Amazingly, he's fairly normal in Real LifeTM
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #9 on: 18 September, 2010, 08:07:56 pm »
This is hilarious tonight.

« Reply #10 on: 18 September, 2010, 09:11:13 pm »
Just saw that. Their was a girl with dead spiders stuck to her eyes. The girl at the end who did "a change is gonna come" was outstanding though.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #11 on: 27 September, 2010, 03:46:08 pm »
I am being slowly dragged back under by it this year, it is actually watcheable now the crack-whore from Wakey has gone.

TLD was watching it and said "Daddy, why has that girl got spiders on her face?"
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #12 on: 27 September, 2010, 06:54:27 pm »
The girls are good this year. The boys and the groups are a bit ropey. I'm glad they've given Louis someone other than the groups to mentor, for a change.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #13 on: 03 October, 2010, 08:53:39 pm »
Oh, Cheryl, you should have put Gamu through, you fool.

« Reply #14 on: 03 October, 2010, 08:55:21 pm »

Skinny white girl instead.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #15 on: 03 October, 2010, 09:00:04 pm »
I'd have gone for Rebecca, Gamu, and either Cher or Katie, although Katie's preciousness is starting to annoy me. I should be an X Factor judge. I have the singing talent of Dannii Minogue and the dress sense of Simon Cowell - I'd be great.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #16 on: 03 October, 2010, 09:53:27 pm »
I'd have gone for Rebecca, Gamu, and either Cher or Katie, although Katie's preciousness is starting to annoy me. I should be an X Factor judge. I have the singing talent of Dannii Minogue and the dress sense of Simon Cowell - I'd be great.

I have a story to tell.

One of my friends is in actress, but she is a fabulous singer too. She was at a charity event that Simon Cowell was present at as well. She was quite drunk and wandered up to him and breathed into his ear 'Can I sing for you?'. He said 'Oh god, please no', but she begged him too and he relented. She sang 'I will always love you' a la Whitney Houston. She finished her song and he said 'You are very good, you should apply for X-Factor'.

She replied, 'Maybe I will, maybe I won't' and skipped off.

« Reply #17 on: 03 October, 2010, 11:10:25 pm »

Now that I don't understand, she's by far the class act of the field, though I've a strange feeling we'll see her again, Cowell won't let such a talent dissappear, surely?

LEE

« Reply #18 on: 03 October, 2010, 11:33:42 pm »
I love watching it just to spot the most contrived decision of the series.  It's such a clever money-making machine

This year it's the groups, the boys groups.

Simon wants a Boy Band, that's clear.  That's why he rejected a decent bunch of boy singers (who clearly should have gone through as solo artists) and then, "at the last minute" gave them "a lifeline" by creating a boy band out of them.

Hmmm...now we have a boy-band full of cute boys with good voices.

Then "The Producers" ..."Stitch him up" with the groups.

errrrr.....Simon Cowell owns the show, he writes the scripts, he tells the other judges who to choose he tells everyone what to think and do . 

He needs a boy band, he wanted a hand-picked boy-band and he wanted to own the boy band.

Kerching.

The very last thing Cowell needs is another Alexandra Burke, she's a 2nd rate Leona Lewis, why have a 2nd rate Alexandra Burke?

HOWEVER....the Scouse Girl has got a genuinely good voice, very distinctive, very appealing, lovely looking and a potentially serious artist.  I think I'd like the album.

My money is on the contrived Boy-Band though.

PS.  I'd like to hear the tesco woman tear the roof off the theatre singnig a big Mowtown or Stax number.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #19 on: 03 October, 2010, 11:52:20 pm »
Last Thursday, I found myself in a lift that also had Chloe "Mafia" in it. For six floors. Wow, that was an experience. People with a gob like hers shouldn't be allowed to share confined spaces with other human beings. My ears are still ringing.

I can't believe Katie and Cher got through instead of Gamu, or even Treyc or Kerri. Katie completely cocked up her first audition, then completely cocked up singing for Cheryl, plus she's clearly mentally unstable, and yet Cheryl still thinks she's worth having in the competition? WTF?

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #20 on: 04 October, 2010, 11:35:02 am »
Last Thursday, I found myself in a lift that also had Chloe "Mafia" in it. For six floors. Wow, that was an experience. People with a gob like hers shouldn't be allowed to share confined spaces with other human beings. My ears are still ringing.

I can't believe Katie and Cher got through instead of Gamu, or even Treyc or Kerri. Katie completely cocked up her first audition, then completely cocked up singing for Cheryl, plus she's clearly mentally unstable, and yet Cheryl still thinks she's worth having in the competition? WTF?

d.

Creates drama innit...

LEE

« Reply #21 on: 04 October, 2010, 11:45:03 am »
Just imagine for a moment that X-Factor was totally contrived (difficult I know) and that Gamu (possibly the most talented singer in the Auditions) was dropped just a for a bit of drama but would be given the lifeline of a "Wild Card" back into the show.

That would be pretty contrived dontchathink?  Well. dontcha?

« Reply #22 on: 04 October, 2010, 04:21:07 pm »
The fact that such a third rate pile of shite makes the BBC news tells you that the world has gone mad and we are all expected to be morons now.

And to think that 20 years ago we used to laugh at Americans...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #23 on: 04 October, 2010, 06:21:04 pm »
Just imagine for a moment that X-Factor was totally contrived (difficult I know) and that Gamu (possibly the most talented singer in the Auditions) was dropped just a for a bit of drama but would be given the lifeline of a "Wild Card" back into the show.

That would be pretty contrived dontchathink?  Well. dontcha?
We know, but let us have the fun of the fake drama.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #24 on: 09 October, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »
Pmsl, Storm's face looks like a kaleidoscope and he's surrounded by dancing gimps.