Author Topic: Attack Of The Trip Advisors  (Read 4842 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Attack Of The Trip Advisors
« on: 01 November, 2011, 10:58:24 am »
Anyone see this monumental car crash of a programme last night? Amazing. They managed to unearth some of the most anal, small-minded, self-important areseholes on the whole internet and showed them up for the prize idiots they really are. Pillocks who think they're doing a public service by visiting hotels at their own expense and deliberately looking for every minor fault they can find in order to write about it on Trip Advisor and thereby make themselves feel important. I mean, really - who in their right mind goes straight to the bathroom and inspect the toilet brush as the first thing they do on arriving in their hotel room?

OK, so some of the hoteliers didn't come across as being in possession of a full complement of marbles - one had been described as Basil Fawlty and apparently deserved it - but you had to come down on the side of the hoteliers in the end, even the rubbish ones.

Most entertaining.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
Re: Attack Of The Trip Advisors
« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2011, 11:18:42 am »
I can't believe these people who watch television at their own expense and deliberately look for any minor fault in the programme they can in order to write about it on internet forums and thereby make themselves feel important. I mean, really...

;)

« Reply #2 on: 01 November, 2011, 11:34:42 am »
Citizen describes my reaction entirely. The worst of the pricks was that pinchy-faced bespectacled Australian cunt who was prepared to be vile as long as it was one-way communication, but didnt like it when she was held to account. Her use of the word "inappropriate" when the hoteliers told her what they thought, reminded me why I want to punch people in the face when they misuse this word.

The English guy with his Gran had all the makings of an audaxer.

Brilliantly edited to make these nerds look as stupid and venal as they actually are.

citoyen

« Reply #3 on: 01 November, 2011, 11:36:37 am »
I can't believe these people who watch television at their own expense and deliberately look for any minor fault in the programme they can in order to write about it on internet forums and thereby make themselves feel important. I mean, really...

;)

Well, watch the flipping programme and make up your own mind, smart arse.  ;)

d.

« Reply #4 on: 01 November, 2011, 11:43:07 am »
l thought the chef / owner of the seafood restaurant was brilliant !

quote ' fuck em the little hitlers, thats all they are little hitlers '

« Reply #5 on: 01 November, 2011, 11:54:25 am »
I was quite disappointed by Trip Advisor - I asked a question about a very specific thing and was told (by someone who seemed to be that board's self-appointed expert who told everyone the same thing) not to do that, to do something entirely other instead, and not to bother with vaccinations because of their toxicity.  ::-)

So I ignored him, and did what I was planning to do and had a lovely time.  :)
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
« Reply #6 on: 01 November, 2011, 12:02:30 pm »
I use TripAdvisor quite a lot. 

However, I just use it to find lists of hotels etc and completely ignore the comments/ratings.  Some of the places with really poor ratings have been more than adequate for my purposes.

I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

« Reply #7 on: 01 November, 2011, 12:29:12 pm »
  Some of the places with really poor ratings have been more than adequate for my purposes.

Were you paying by the hour?

« Reply #8 on: 01 November, 2011, 01:00:05 pm »
I like the Michael Mcintyre comment on trip advisor.

2:55 onwards

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cbe7qb6uzvg&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cbe7qb6uzvg&rel=1</a>

« Reply #9 on: 01 November, 2011, 01:04:05 pm »
Before I click on that link, can I ask how much of it is McIntyre laughing at his own joke, even before he's made it.

« Reply #10 on: 01 November, 2011, 01:06:14 pm »
not much self laughter ;)

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
« Reply #11 on: 01 November, 2011, 01:14:46 pm »
  Some of the places with really poor ratings have been more than adequate for my purposes.

Were you paying by the hour?

By the minute!
I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

« Reply #12 on: 01 November, 2011, 01:20:13 pm »
Sooner or later they'll be paying you

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #13 on: 01 November, 2011, 02:05:18 pm »
I like the Michael Mcintyre comment on trip advisor.

Nutty, the use of the words "I like, "Michael" and "Mcintyre" in the same sentence are punishable by being killed to DETH.

The BEAR is primed.  No second chances.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #14 on: 01 November, 2011, 02:17:58 pm »
ROFL

I'd better not mention that Mrs Nutty bought us tickets for a gig next year

« Reply #15 on: 01 November, 2011, 02:58:58 pm »
I like Michael McIntyre - so there.

citoyen

« Reply #16 on: 01 November, 2011, 03:06:49 pm »
the use of the words "I like, "Michael" and "Mcintyre" in the same sentence are punishable by being killed to DETH.

Even if used in a sentence such as: "I like throwing rusty tractor parts at Michael McIntyre"?

d.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #17 on: 01 November, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »
the use of the words "I like, "Michael" and "Mcintyre" in the same sentence are punishable by being killed to DETH.

Even if used in a sentence such as: "I like throwing rusty tractor parts at Michael McIntyre"?

This implies being in close proximity to Michael McIntyre, which is only slightly preferably to being in close proximity either to Jimmy Carr or twenty tonnes of of high level nuclear waste stored in cardboard boxes.  Be careful what you wish for.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

border-rider

« Reply #18 on: 01 November, 2011, 05:43:55 pm »
Our local got nobbled by someone on Trip Advisor - loads of (undeservedly) bad reviews. Presumably the opposition.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #19 on: 03 November, 2011, 12:25:10 pm »
Citizen describes my reaction entirely. The worst of the pricks was that pinchy-faced bespectacled Australian cunt who was prepared to be vile as long as it was one-way communication, but didnt like it when she was held to account. Her use of the word "inappropriate" when the hoteliers told her what they thought, reminded me why I want to punch people in the face when they misuse this word.

The English guy with his Gran had all the makings of an audaxer.

Brilliantly edited to make these nerds look as stupid and venal as they actually are.
Was she Aussie? I heard a few pen/pin vowels there. What she, and her 'partner Ian', were was arrogant, obnoxious and self-important beyond belief. As far as I could see, what that skinny wanker thought was that it was 'inappropriate' to even mention that the review had upset the owners.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i