Author Topic: Splinter under the nail  (Read 15580 times)

annie

Re: Splinter under the nail
« Reply #25 on: 05 January, 2009, 12:38:51 pm »
Do any of your local hospitals have a minor injury unit?

No but there is a separate MIU in Ipswich.

I set up my own in the utility room.  I separated part of the nail from the nail bed (don't try this at home) managed to get part of the splinter out but spent 15 mins on the floor with my head between my legs.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #26 on: 05 January, 2009, 12:47:48 pm »
The nature of splinters is that they fragment, buggrit!
Try to get someone to remove the rest of the splinter before it causes Big Trouble.

« Reply #27 on: 05 January, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »
No no. Let it go pus-filled under the nail, then drill through with a red hot needle. Fantastic fun.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #28 on: 05 January, 2009, 05:16:23 pm »

I set up my own in the utility room.  I separated part of the nail from the nail bed (don't try this at home) managed to get part of the splinter out but spent 15 mins on the floor with my head between my legs.

Ouch, ouch, ouch!  Do be careful Annie, if it gets inflamed you may have difficulty opening chocolate  :o

:-*
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

annie

« Reply #29 on: 05 January, 2009, 06:15:36 pm »

Ouch, ouch, ouch!  Do be careful Annie, if it gets inflamed you may have difficulty opening chocolate  :o

Thank you Andrew,  do you know something I don't?  I don't think I have any chocolate, where is it hidden?

« Reply #30 on: 05 January, 2009, 06:27:25 pm »
But chocolate is vital for the healing process, you must have some!   If you've run out let me know and I will send emergency supplies.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #31 on: 05 January, 2009, 06:40:02 pm »

Thank you Andrew,  do you know something I don't?  I don't think I have any chocolate, where is it hidden?

There's some on my table in a jiffy bag alongside a book for Chris waiting to be sent.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #32 on: 05 January, 2009, 06:42:25 pm »
There's a bar of very chocolatey Co-op chocolate in your kitchen. I left it there on Saturday. Eat it now!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

annie

« Reply #33 on: 05 January, 2009, 07:39:24 pm »
But chocolate is vital for the healing process, you must have some!   If you've run out let me know and I will send emergency supplies.

Bless your cotton socks :-*

Wowbagger, you little minx.  I found it in the basket and it is still in one piece, not for long though. Nom nom nom

What chocolate do you have Rich?

Mmmmmmm chocolate heaven.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #34 on: 05 January, 2009, 08:39:11 pm »

Wowbagger, you little minx.  I found it in the basket and it is still in one piece, not for long though. Nom nom nom

Guylian Belgian shells when I get home they will have a label on for IP6 .....

annie

« Reply #35 on: 05 January, 2009, 09:09:46 pm »

Guylian Belgian shells when I get home they will have a label on for IP6 .....

Ohhhhh yummy scrumptiousnessdelight :-*

Thank you so much.

It is weigh in day tomorrow.  Next week could be interesting.

Edit: make that Wednesday, I could weigh myself with my walking boots this week and without next week, that way the extra chocolate would be insignificant really.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #36 on: 06 January, 2009, 06:24:32 pm »
Have you sorted/removed this little blighter, Annie?
How is your finger today?

annie

« Reply #37 on: 06 January, 2009, 06:34:04 pm »
Have you sorted/removed this little blighter, Annie?
How is your finger today?

It is almost all out now.  It has been wrapped in Tiele (sp?) it is throbbing and a bit red but have scrubbed it with Hibiscrub and winced.

« Reply #38 on: 17 January, 2009, 11:10:42 pm »
I can recommend the MIU in Ipswich at Riverside. Mind you since I work there (in IT so no splinter removal answers from me), I may be biased.

Strange thing is, never having used its services, within three months of starting work there, I was having my 45 deg bent outwards little toe straightened by a nurse.  :o