Author Topic: Line of Duty S6 ***spoilers***  (Read 10900 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Line of Duty S6 ***spoilers***
« Reply #50 on: 19 April, 2021, 04:03:29 pm »
Maybe Ryan kills Jo Davidson and Kate manages to shoot Ryan...
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #51 on: 19 April, 2021, 04:20:38 pm »
Maybe Ryan kills Jo Davidson and Kate manages to shoot Ryan...

Kate's got a gun, Ryan would shoot her first rather than Jo!

We know warehouse guns are unsafe. The kid from the bookie's blag said as much. Ryan reminds us he's using a warehouse gun. So....he tries to shoot Kate, his gun just sort of goes bang, but does nothing else, Kate shoots him....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #52 on: 19 April, 2021, 05:10:09 pm »
So....he tries to shoot Kate, his gun just sort of goes bang, but does nothing else, Kate shoots him....

That would be a nice callback to the first series when his bolt croppers fail as he's trying to lop Steve's fingers off.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #53 on: 19 April, 2021, 06:45:42 pm »
You need to check the trailers for this series. Kate and Jo talking in that builders yard, Jo says 'Kate, I had nothing to do with it'. They are talking face to face. This wasn't in last night's episode. Unless this is a red herring, or possibly a deliberate misdirection by the producers, this suggests that both Kate and Jo have survived the shooting. Later in that trailer, Jo is seen with her hands up, which suggests Steve and the cavalry arrive shortly after (and it could have been their shots we heard).

« Reply #54 on: 20 April, 2021, 08:35:56 am »
Last night in a dream, I discovered the identity of H and warned that if I disclosed it to a living soul..  But I do know now.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #55 on: 20 April, 2021, 10:38:36 am »
About the shooting, I'd say that...

(click to show/hide)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

citoyen

« Reply #56 on: 20 April, 2021, 10:46:52 am »
Kate and Jo talking in that builders yard, Jo says 'Kate, I had nothing to do with it'. They are talking face to face. This wasn't in last night's episode. Unless this is a red herring, or possibly a deliberate misdirection by the producers, this suggests that both Kate and Jo have survived the shooting.

Or could just be a bit that ended up on the cutting room floor!

Good spot though. And yes, I guess we have to assume the shot of Jo with her hands up is following the arrival of AC-12 on the scene.

« Reply #57 on: 20 April, 2021, 08:59:11 pm »
Saw this earlier:

Jimmy Lakewell told Steve to "Look into the race claim"

So let's:

r a C e c l a i m

C a r m i c a e l

Just one missing letter: H

:o

Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

TimC

« Reply #58 on: 21 April, 2021, 12:17:25 pm »
Love it!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #59 on: 25 April, 2021, 07:29:53 pm »

90 minutes to go...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #60 on: 25 April, 2021, 07:40:21 pm »
I think the two gunshots were Ryan killing Ted and Steve as they arrived at the yard.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #61 on: 25 April, 2021, 08:25:52 pm »

J
--

« Reply #62 on: 25 April, 2021, 08:46:35 pm »
'Now we're sucking diesel!'

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #63 on: 25 April, 2021, 08:58:54 pm »
'Now we're sucking diesel!'

Out of interest. Why the fuck would you want to suck diesel? Is this something about siphoning it from someone else's tank?

J
--

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #64 on: 25 April, 2021, 09:09:24 pm »
(click to show/hide)

J
--

citoyen

« Reply #65 on: 25 April, 2021, 10:01:17 pm »
Aaaaaaand... breathe.

« Reply #66 on: 25 April, 2021, 10:06:02 pm »
Back on form this week. I do love a good LoD interview.

« Reply #67 on: 25 April, 2021, 10:41:03 pm »
I guess imminent syphoning success would be when the diesel is making it way up and over the bend in the tube being sucked on...

I note the wee donkey put in an appearance tonight...   ;)

TimC

« Reply #68 on: 26 April, 2021, 10:38:00 am »
I just hope Patricia Carmichael is shot by every single other member of the cast. As many times as possible. And fuck whether the guns can be traced.

« Reply #69 on: 26 April, 2021, 10:44:40 am »
I just hope Patricia Carmichael is shot by every single other member of the cast. As many times as possible. And fuck whether the guns can be traced.

;D but is she deliberately trying to shut things down because she is part of the OCG (when she kept preventing Ted from continuing some of the lines of questioning) or is she just one of those charisma-free bureaucrats that you occasionally have the misfortune to meet in life, interested only in ticking the boxes and furthering her career?  My money is currently on the latter as otherwise she is too obviously a "baddie".

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #70 on: 26 April, 2021, 10:50:12 am »
Sweepstake:

How many minutes will Jo Davidson last...

citoyen

« Reply #71 on: 26 April, 2021, 10:52:00 am »
I don't think she's a baddie. She is clearly a careerist, but probably a highly competent detective as well. Her back story is that she's a single parent and carer for an elderly mother, so not the kind of person who wants to spend more time in the office than necessary. She's certainly not a Buckells-type idiot.

Plus her perspective on AC12 is that they're incompetent and pursuing a vendetta, which will be the line she's been fed by the chief constable, but I reckon she'll see some evidence that changes her mind, and then she'll flip into kick-ass mode and start giving Ted her full support.

And no way was that Thurwell's body. You don't draft in James Nesbitt this late in the game to only have him appearing as a photograph.

TimC

« Reply #72 on: 26 April, 2021, 10:58:02 am »
Oh, she's undoubtedly a Mercurio red herring, but she still needs exterminating (so she has time to reincarnate as a Dalek before the next Dr Who series).

The two female prison guards have escaped from a kids' show as well. The Saint, perhaps?

I think my overwhelming impression of last night's show was how much fun the actors are having with this. Which almost certainly means the show will die after next week!

ETA:
And no way was that Thurwell's body. You don't draft in James Nesbitt this late in the game to only have him appearing as a photograph.

I expect he got a good wodge for that. I wonder if that was all he could spare (or could legally do with Covid limitations) as he was filming that awful Bloodlands at the same time as this was shot?

citoyen

« Reply #73 on: 26 April, 2021, 11:01:41 am »
The two female prison guards have escaped from a kids' show as well. The Saint, perhaps?

In another life:
https://youtu.be/3CiGUMQZUgU

I think my overwhelming impression of last night's show was how much fun the actors are having with this. Which almost certainly means the show will die after next week!

Does have a feeling of all being wrapped up. Ted's going and it looks like Steve will be following.

« Reply #74 on: 26 April, 2021, 11:03:04 am »
No,  Ted will  retire. The others will resign.

There will then be a new series based in Spain where the  ex AC12 team  hunt down retired bent coppers and battle against James Nesbit.

This will probably be on Amazon,