Author Topic: Ribble Sloping Winter Audax no longer being made?  (Read 1187 times)

Ribble Sloping Winter Audax no longer being made?
« on: 21 January, 2010, 08:21:19 am »
I was trying to check frame dimensions yesterday, so went to the ribble site to look up my frame.

The Winter audax frames with the sloping top tube are marked as 'no longer available', and they don't appear on the bike builder tool as an option.

This is a real bummer, as these frames offered decent tyre clearances, much better than the horizontal top tube version.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Re: Ribble Sloping Winter Audax no longer being made?
« Reply #1 on: 21 January, 2010, 01:51:55 pm »
Try phoning Ribble to ask?

The frames will come in in big batches from Taiwan or wherever, and it may mean that the last batch is sold out and the next batch isn't due for a couple of months, or even until next autumn.

I've come across other sites marking products as unavailable when what they mean is out of stock, and will be for a while. If they left it active, they'd have upset customers asking why it was taking so long, and there could be currency fluctuations that would affect their willingness to take long lead orders.

Martin

« Reply #2 on: 21 January, 2010, 02:00:18 pm »
well I can see a 45cm black sloping top tube version under "frames"

FWIW their "non Audax-Winter" frames can usually be used as such; I got two from them and they take standard Shimano Sora / Tiagra calipers and 23mm tyres etc. You just need to order the narrow KF 700c mudguards to fit (and maybe some p clips)

« Reply #3 on: 21 January, 2010, 02:29:47 pm »
I might email ribble.

This is a pretty popular frame, I see a few of them around.

the tyre clearances are the big attraction; the frame will fit 28mm tyres with normal mudguards.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #4 on: 21 January, 2010, 04:01:13 pm »
From Ribble

",
this means that we are ceasing to sell these frames, and at present there are no plans to introduce a revised version."

:-O
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #5 on: 21 January, 2010, 05:16:49 pm »
I would be fairly confident that it won't just be Ribble who sell these frames, other suppliers will have them badged up as well.

Maybe a google around?

The sloping Tifosi is also 7005 tubing - similar?