Author Topic: ISIHAC gems  (Read 1915 times)

ISIHAC gems
« on: 17 November, 2019, 12:40:59 pm »
Two corkers this week.

Stephen Fry in the 'Trail of the Lonesome Pun' round, trailers for programmes where the content is driven by the title.
"Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins visit Oxford to examine the Reverend Spooner's passion for the repair and maintenance of the City's traditional watercraft, that's Care of Punts."

Jack Dee in his intro to the Cricketer's Film Club round.
"Sven's been telling us about a formative first job he had working as a groundsman at the Oval. One day he was asked by a colleague if he fancied facing some balls after work. Sven says he knew for certain he was out after receiving a breath-taking full toss up the Gas Works end."
Rust never sleeps

nicknack

• Hornblower
Re: ISIHAC gems
« Reply #1 on: 17 November, 2019, 06:47:22 pm »
 ;D
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2 on: 17 November, 2019, 06:49:52 pm »
Very good 'song to the tune of another ' round this week.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3 on: 17 November, 2019, 09:23:32 pm »
The Care of Punts bit was knicker wetting, as my mum used to say. I heard it on Monday and nearly spat my tea out. I heard it again today and had to pay close attention to my driving.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #4 on: 17 November, 2019, 09:26:32 pm »
I was sitting at the kitchen table, fortunately, and had a similar reaction. Top quality comedy :-)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #5 on: 17 November, 2019, 09:37:25 pm »
My sister has got tickets for me and her to go the recording in Wimbledon in January. I am Very Pleased.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #6 on: 17 November, 2019, 10:09:18 pm »
Balls !!  I've dropped off the mailing list and little miss hatler asked me today to get us tickets when they're next in town.

If you hear of any going spare .....
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #7 on: 17 November, 2019, 10:21:17 pm »
Good grief !  There's still a few left so have snapped three up, though sadly I am away that night. Boo hisss.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #8 on: 17 November, 2019, 10:22:37 pm »
And let's not forget the other bit of Stephen Fry genius in the 'New meanings for existing words' round.

"Countryside - the murder of Piers Morgan."
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #9 on: 27 November, 2019, 05:27:48 pm »
Late to the party, but the previous post has reminded me of when I was living in a house-share, we were watching News at Ten, and Sir Trevor McDonald uttered the unforgettable  words "And now, for our next item, we go over to the Cunt Kentrycide......."
Cynthia (housemate) and myself turned to face each other, and silently did this:  :o