Author Topic: The Killing (US Edition)  (Read 693 times)

Jakob

The Killing (US Edition)
« on: 05 August, 2014, 09:55:06 pm »
I had previously watched a bit of Season 1, but plot was too similar to the original, which took the suspense away and I dropped it. I then saw that they had a Season 4 and decided to give that a go, as the Danish version only goes to S3.
It resumes with Linden (Lund) having killed 'someone', presumable at the end of Season 3 (like in the original), except they're trying to get away with it.
The 'killing' that they're investigating is taking a long time to get going, but is now ramping up and meanwhile one of their colleagues is suspicious of them.
My only real issue is Holders accent. It sounds like a bad Danish accent, but then I only just found out that he's Swedish/American which may explain it... I'm sure it wont bother non-Danes.
Definitely worth watching...

Jakob

Re: The Killing (US Edition)
« Reply #1 on: 07 August, 2014, 08:18:44 am »
Aaand finished it. I really enjoyed that. First 3 episodes were a bit slow, but then I bought into the characters and accepted that Linden isn't Lund.
Holder's accent still bothers me though.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2 on: 07 August, 2014, 08:41:11 am »
Viggo Mortensen's accent doesn't seem to have done him any harm ;D
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Jakob

« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2015, 08:46:32 pm »
Started this from the beginning and have slowly been working my way through it. Season 1/2 more or less follows the original, but season 3 is a different story and it's really coming in to it's own.
Highly recommended.