Author Topic: Paul Denny RIP  (Read 1152 times)

Paul Denny RIP
« on: 10 February, 2020, 04:40:50 pm »
Here are the details of the funeral of Paul Denny of Norwich, who died last month aged 93

Paul’s funeral will take place on Thursday 13th February 2020 at 11:00 a.m. at The Woodland Burial Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7TY.  That is in on the B1108 Norwich to Watton road, immediately east of the interchange with the A47.

Paul and Jaqui Denny will be remembered for organizing the Seething 600, based in south Norfolk from 1983 to 1991.

Amongst other Audax achievements they had completed – over the space of three years -  the 7,000 km Relais de France route.

No doubt others can fill in more details or memories

Paul is survived by Jaqui, his wife of 66 years, and their two (I think) children

Re: Paul Denny RIP
« Reply #1 on: 10 February, 2020, 05:29:06 pm »
How sad, remember paul from my early years in audaxing, rode the last seething 600km and. Both paul and Jacqui often turned up at other events to help back then.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 10 February, 2020, 05:31:19 pm »
RIP Paul.

Condolences to Jacqui.

It was in Norfolk, with and without Norfolk CTC, that I developed my distance riding in 1992, the year before I joined AUK.

I have memories of Jacqui in a plaster cast at an Audax Reunion at Chesterfield but can't remember the date.

rob

« Reply #3 on: 10 February, 2020, 06:52:25 pm »
I rode with Norfolk CTC 91-94.  (Hi Ferg).

I remember Paul and Jacqui turning up at the Seething 600 when it was resurrected by Keith and Sue.

« Reply #4 on: 10 February, 2020, 09:16:32 pm »
Back in the 80s, East Anglia was not exactly Audax central, but there were a few true stalwarts ploughing a fairly lonely furrow then, Paul and Jacqui amongst them.  [Herman Ramsey and Bob Shulman were also notable organisers who must be recalled from that period]  The Dennys were at a late 1987 East Anglian Audax re-union in Mildenhall - I wish I'd got everyone to sign the [blank] pub's postcard which I still have.