Author Topic: Country life  (Read 2251 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Country life
« on: 02 March, 2019, 03:21:22 pm »
Neighbour Jean-Paul's dog usually helps him round up his chickens when they're out foraging in the back meadow. We've seen it belting the full length of same to chivvy a laggard home - lovely to watch.

Just now I was waiting for the tea to brew when I heard a lot of squawking from that direction. I looked out of the window in time to see the dog shake a chicken violently and kill it. It then took off after another one and had its jaws wide for its neck when J-P came round the end of a stack of palettes. Dog desisted and disappeared fast with its tail down; chicken II was untouched. J-P looked at the feathers on the ground then went back the way he came.  Sort-of strange, that.

No more squawking, so far.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Re: Country life
« Reply #1 on: 10 March, 2019, 06:57:49 pm »
Very sad, but not unusual! A neighbour of us had two dogs and two goats. Now, there are still two dogs there, but only one goat. Guess where the second goat is?

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 10 March, 2019, 07:01:37 pm »
Aw, poor goat :(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #3 on: 11 March, 2019, 05:26:24 pm »
Very sad, but not unusual! A neighbour of us had two dogs and two goats. Now, there are still two dogs there, but only one goat. Guess where the second goat is?

In a pot of curry?

I upset a previous colleague when I asked him whether his chickens would end up in the pot.  He was quite rural, but they were pseudo pet, egglaying only chickens.  He had a militant veggie wife adn kids that would snaffle sausages when she was away
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #4 on: 11 March, 2019, 07:33:49 pm »
In a pot of curry?

Nope. Just in dog's tummy!