Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL former volunteer entry  (Read 2562 times)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
[LEL17] LEL former volunteer entry
« on: 17 December, 2016, 05:30:36 pm »
Hi,
I thought I had an email or something about the entries for people like myself who had formerly volunteered for LEL but of course I can't find it now :)

Former volunteers get some kind of guaranteed place or something but is this before the official opening of entries to all AUK members or during it or what?

Thanks for any feedback

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
Re: LEL former volunteer entry
« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »
I've said I wanted to ride and am apparently on the start list but will need to pick my start time at some point.  hth.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2 on: 18 December, 2016, 10:12:38 pm »
I think we will all get an email sometime next month asking if we do want to take up our guaranteed places, before the entry is opened up to all AUKs. As I understand it, start times can be selected neared the time.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #3 on: 19 December, 2016, 01:35:51 am »
I am led to believe that we have a master list of Auks at March 2015,who are still members,  2013 vols and film funders .. who will have a 2 week window starting 5th Jan.. to enter and pay. Rider area after all places have gone post 20th Jan will open later for such things as start times, bag drops , clothing purchases etc.

Master list will prevent dodgy attempts at getting in by a sneaky route .
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

Phil W

« Reply #4 on: 19 December, 2016, 11:51:43 am »
I've said I wanted to ride and am apparently on the start list but will need to pick my start time at some point.  hth.

Arabella I believe you were a controller at LEL2013? In which case Danial will contact you directly for your entry as it'll be slightly different setup for your entry.

For all other volunteers at LEL2013 you can enter and pay from 6th Jan.  Yes we have a master list with your names and emails on. It'll be validated when you are at the checkout stage of you entry on the website.

Start times preferences, bag drops can be chosen in the rider area of website. Well open that up once we've got the bulk of entries out the way. So early Feb. I also seem to remember that volunteers will get their preferred start time. But I may be mis remembering what Danial and I discussed.

I'm going to rerun through early entry process this week to remind myself of anything I've forgotten from when I set it up and did the testing. We can then send out pertinent details on early entry for volunteers / film sponsors etc,

Phil W

« Reply #5 on: 22 December, 2016, 08:40:17 pm »
Right I've been back running through early entry again today to ensure I don't miss anything off here.

If you qualify for early entry either through the amount you funded the film or as a former volunteer.

You will be able to confirm your place between 6th Jan and 19th Jan. From 20th Jan we will open up places to everyone. If you haven't confirmed by the 19th then we can't guarantee your place. If you haven't paid by the 19th we can't guarantee your place.

You will confirm your place by purchasing an entry on the website. You'll then need to pay by the deadline above. The sooner you pay the better. Payment must be by bank transfer, no PayPal for early entries. At checkout we will validate the email address and first and last name. If they don't match what we have in our records then you won't be able to complete checkout. We encourage you to supply your auk number if a member. We will validate this against what we hold for you. If they don't match then you'll get an error message. If certain your number is correct when getting this error then blank out the auk field and we will try and validate you without .  Drop an email to 2017@londondonedinburghlondon.com with what you believe to be your true auk number.   This is only likely to occur if you've joined auk in the last year or so.

Once you get confirmation of your purchase you'll also see the LEL bank details and an order number. Make payment via bank transfer and ensure the order number is at the start of the reference you provide, so Roger knows who is paying when he looks at the bank statements. There's also an email confirmation that includes the bank details.

Once Roger has confirmed payment there will be a further email confirming your place.

Any questions let me know.

« Reply #6 on: 23 December, 2016, 06:20:52 am »
Thanks Phil. Ongoing ones.

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #7 on: 23 December, 2016, 06:45:46 am »
Good luck with it, Phil and team. Everything crossed for the 6th?
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa