Author Topic: [LEL17] Early entry for qualifying AUK members  (Read 5110 times)

Phil W

[LEL17] Early entry for qualifying AUK members
« on: 27 December, 2016, 07:48:53 pm »
All you need to know can be found in the early entry thread in the AUK forum.

redfalo

• known as Olaf in the real world
    • Cycling Intelligence
Re: Early entry for qualifying AUK members
« Reply #1 on: 27 December, 2016, 09:35:58 pm »

trouble is, I cannot log in to it. my account details on AUK website work flawlessly, but I cannot get into the AUK forum using same credentials. Who would be the person able to fix this?
If you can't convince, confuse.

https://cycling-intelligence.com/ - my blog on cycling, long distances and short ones

Phil W

« Reply #2 on: 27 December, 2016, 09:43:15 pm »

trouble is, I cannot log in to it. my account details on AUK website work flawlessly, but I cannot get into the AUK forum using same credentials. Who would be the person able to fix this?

Leave out the letter in your membership number

« Reply #3 on: 27 December, 2016, 09:54:03 pm »

Leave out the letter in your membership number

And ensure you're typing the password in lower case

redfalo

• known as Olaf in the real world
    • Cycling Intelligence
« Reply #4 on: 28 December, 2016, 02:57:36 pm »
well, I always used my membership number without the letter, and the password was lower case anyway. BUT it contained two numbers. I changed PW to one without any numbers, and now I am able to log in. Hallelujah!
If you can't convince, confuse.

https://cycling-intelligence.com/ - my blog on cycling, long distances and short ones

« Reply #5 on: 01 January, 2017, 01:51:19 pm »
We've just had the list of members from Audax UK who qualify to enter LEL early on January 6. We've also had a list of people who were members back in March 2015, but who have not renewed their membership in time for 2017.

If you're looking to enter LEL early as a member of Audax UK, you might want to check that you're still a member of Audax UK. Follow the link below to find out, but make sure that you do it today. Phil, Roger and I are going to be very busy for much of January, and we are unlikely to be sympathetic if you realise next week that you've let your Audax UK membership lapse.

http://www.aukweb.net/members/

« Reply #6 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:39:53 pm »
For the early entries, is there a $ or € amount for the £319 entry fee if we want to do the direct bank transfers with one of those currencies? Or £ is the only "legal" way for early entries?

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #7 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:46:32 pm »
For the early entries, is there a $ or € amount for the £319 entry fee if we want to do the direct bank transfers with one of those currencies? Or £ is the only "legal" way for early entries?

AIUI the fee is set in the appropriate currency when you choose your country on the entry form.

Are you trying to pay by credit card? Unfortunately, it looks like the only option will be to make a cash withdrawal using your credit card and deposit it in your bank account, then make a bank transfer.

If you want to risk waiting until entries are open to the non-members, you can enter via Paypal.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #8 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »
The currency accounts are available NOW. I have not been in close contact with team when they were setting out the payment options .. I am guessing that it was overlooked .. but could be wrong . I will be talking to Danial tomorrow and will raise this .  Dont worry  .. you have nearly 2 weeks to pay and the currency option will be available
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #9 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:46:09 pm »

AIUI the fee is set in the appropriate currency when you choose your country on the entry form.

Are you trying to pay by credit card? Unfortunately, it looks like the only option will be to make a cash withdrawal using your credit card and deposit it in your bank account, then make a bank transfer.

If you want to risk waiting until entries are open to the non-members, you can enter via Paypal.

Transferwise has been mentioned for credit card payments. No idea if this is available for early entries (the rubric about *only* bank transfers suggests not, but they're only available for payments in GBP, USD and EUR, so it may still be an option for other currencies).

citoyen

« Reply #10 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:11:36 pm »
Transferwise has been mentioned for credit card payments. No idea if this is available for early entries (the rubric about *only* bank transfers suggests not, but they're only available for payments in GBP, USD and EUR, so it may still be an option for other currencies).

Transferwise only works for making payments to/from other currencies - it won't let you transfer GBP directly between accounts. There has to be a currency exchange.

It would be possible to use Transferwise to make a payment in Euros or Dollars from a UK credit card, but you would need to have your entry fee specified in the right amount of Euros or Dollars.

Transferwise is available for early entries though. Paypal would make life much easier for credit card payments, but that option isn't available for early entries.

« Reply #11 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:23:58 pm »
I think Paypal hold onto the money for too long before releasing it to make it viable for LEL organisers.

Bank transfer is the price to pay for early entry. It will give a reassuring boost to LEL coffers, with I assume, very little commission deductions.

Early entry = early payment.  :thumbsup:
The older you get, the better you get, unless you are a banana.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #12 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:02:09 pm »
Spot on Mr Bunker .. Paypal charge quite a lot .. especially for currency conversion and then will only release 35 % of the receipts before the event takes place.

citoyen

« Reply #13 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:17:38 pm »
Spot on Mr Bunker .. Paypal charge quite a lot .. especially for currency conversion and then will only release 35 % of the receipts before the event takes place.

Ouch!

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about not being able to use Paypal - considering who is involved in the organisation, I expect that all the decisions that have been made have been well thought through and have good reasons behind them. There may be one or two minor glitches but it looks like a very slick set-up.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #14 on: 06 January, 2017, 09:48:50 pm »
Correction only 30% .. I already have two entrants payments stuck there .. not much .. but Paypal system is different to 2013 .. then they would release up to 60% against proven paid genuine invoices .. now they will release 30 % immediately .. but NO MORE until after event. So we really need to  see Paypal only used for those finding it very very difficult to pay any other way, and why we have put a "discouraging" price on it

citoyen

« Reply #15 on: 06 January, 2017, 11:27:04 pm »
Quite understandable.

I can easily pay by bank transfer, it will just take a few days to make sure the cash is in the right account. But that's no problem - I've got a whole two weeks to sort it out!