Author Topic: Bah, humbug.  (Read 804 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Bah, humbug.
« on: 17 December, 2019, 08:55:52 am »
This morning I got a lecture from the good Dr on being a miserable bugger at Christmas, and that after 37 years of it she’s had enough.

I therefore decided to try and allow the Christmas spirit in and put Annie Lennox’s Christmas carols on to play. As if by magic the good Dr appeared. That’s far too loud, she proclaims and thus saying proceeded to turn down the volume. To a level that doesn’t get over my tinnitus and I can no longer hear it. I turned it off.

Bah! Humbug.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Re: Bah, humbug.
« Reply #1 on: 17 December, 2019, 09:08:27 am »
When I read the first line, I thought “ It’ll be Lonely this Christmas “ was more appropriate listening!
Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.

« Reply #2 on: 17 December, 2019, 10:06:45 am »
You need some silent disco headphones.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #3 on: 17 December, 2019, 11:04:38 am »
Here's a good website for reference - https://isitchristmas.com/
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4 on: 17 December, 2019, 11:08:49 am »
Put this one on full blast, Mr. B.

https://youtu.be/56R0TCJXfzQ
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ian

« Reply #5 on: 17 December, 2019, 11:57:26 am »
"That's really loud, I can hear it at the bottom of the drive," says she of the cupboard overstuffery and queen of unnecessary tiding up*.

"WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU," says I.

*I'm not kidding, we went to a bar at the weekend and she started harvesting up glasses and dumping them on the bar. They have people for that, I'm sure. She also disposed of the doorman's drink in the process before he'd finished it, so I had to buy him a replacement mulled wine.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #6 on: 17 December, 2019, 01:41:03 pm »
Beardy, as another tinnitus sufferer, you have my sympathy. I find I need just a certain volume to enable me to hear clearly above the background chatter or I have real trouble concentrating on a conversation, and then when my brain needs a rest from party noise, so I find a quiet space, I get accused of being a miserable git.

Take my advice, by a landrover and then you can play your music as loud s you like "very loud engine, turn it up" 8)
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens