Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 476236 times)

Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #1275 on: 15 February, 2013, 12:38:27 pm »
Still not got mine - renewed my membership (to 2017!) in time etc. Are they posted in batches? Or are the stagecoaches to Devon possibly missing some wheels?

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #1276 on: 15 February, 2013, 02:37:34 pm »
Well it's posted 2nd class so there's always going to be a spread.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

mikewigley

« Reply #1277 on: 15 February, 2013, 02:58:20 pm »
Still not got mine

You might check that your membership renewal has been processed - see www.aukweb.net, click on Members and MyDetails.  If your expiry date is less than 2013 and you think you've sent us money, then let me know.  You might also check the postal address listed there while you are at it.

I have some Arrivees to send out from here for those who missed the cut when I created the mailing list from the membership data as held at 20 Jan 2013.  I'm unlikely to get to the post office this afternoon so these won't go until Monday.

mikewigley

« Reply #1278 on: 15 February, 2013, 02:59:37 pm »
Well it's posted 2nd class so there's always going to be a spread.

but as far as I know they all sent out from the printers at the same time.  A bit like an Audax, some get there faster than others.

« Reply #1279 on: 15 February, 2013, 03:24:13 pm »
Thanks - have checked my details, and membership until 2017 has gone through & address details are correct.

Maybe they've stopped to water the horses at Tiverton  :)

Chuffy

• Found a newt on LEL
« Reply #1280 on: 15 February, 2013, 08:59:44 pm »
Thanks - have checked my details, and membership until 2017 has gone through & address details are correct.

Maybe they've stopped to water the horses at Tiverton  :)
If it's any consolation, our copy is travelling full-value as well.
Powered by Minions

« Reply #1281 on: 15 February, 2013, 09:04:44 pm »
The 2013 handbook is already on the website, I'm listed once...

I'm in there too   ;D

« Reply #1282 on: 15 February, 2013, 09:40:07 pm »
I can't find the lists of people who've been listed most times. Nor the lists of people who've been listed most often in those lists.  :)

« Reply #1283 on: 15 February, 2013, 10:24:15 pm »
I can't find the lists of people who've been listed most times. Nor the lists of people who've been listed most often in those lists.  :)
If I didn't know you better I might think you were taking the micky.
Deliveries to Devonshire do seem to be late.

« Reply #1284 on: 15 February, 2013, 10:35:38 pm »
If I didn't know you better I might think you were taking the micky.

Very glad you know me better! (I am indeed a devoted list observer, delighted to ever get on one, and admirer of people who do appear on them. It's serious fun!)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #1285 on: 16 February, 2013, 09:44:42 am »
Re: The two strategies etc -
I hate to say it, but this is shambolic.

Agreed, but I hope this is a case of ideas still being batted about, but frustrating if you know what needs to be done...

AUK does have a lot of funds in the bank and could perhaps afford to take a few risks with funding various projects. We have a good, though varied product, distince from sportives and competitive riding.

Better publicity and headlining large scale events are the main points in common I think.

« Reply #1286 on: 16 February, 2013, 01:56:47 pm »
Just checked out the Arrive'e Winter 2012 but can not seem to find anything on events in Scotland. Do they get a different edition up there? Was realy interested in the 'Snow roads 300km' which was listed on the contents page but could not find anything inside. I think it must be good as it is rumoured a documentry was made about it featuring a legendary rock star.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #1287 on: 16 February, 2013, 02:18:43 pm »
Just checked out the Arrive'e Winter 2012 but can not seem to find anything on events in Scotland. Do they get a different edition up there? Was realy interested in the 'Snow roads 300km' which was listed on the contents page but could not find anything inside. I think it must be good as it is rumoured a documentry was made about it featuring a legendary rock star.
Nope, there's not a separate Audax Écosse edition (yet). It's listed on the contents page, but nothing inside.  ???
Maybe next edition?
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #1288 on: 16 February, 2013, 02:30:40 pm »
Thanks Eck. Will the next snow roads be finished by the time the article comes out?
How would I join Audax Écosse? Would I have to move up to Scotland with my Brompton? I was thinking Forfar as that seems to be the centre of all things audax up there.

« Reply #1289 on: 16 February, 2013, 02:43:18 pm »
Thanks Eck. Will the next snow roads be finished by the time the article comes out?
How would I join Audax Écosse? Would I have to move up to Scotland with my Brompton? I was thinking Forfar as that seems to be the centre of all things audax up there.
I understand that Comrie is the centre of Audax en Ecosse.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #1290 on: 16 February, 2013, 02:46:13 pm »
Quite so, boabacca. But there are those who would have you believe it's Musselburgh.  :-X
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1291 on: 16 February, 2013, 02:50:09 pm »

not an article, but YHPM :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #1292 on: 16 February, 2013, 02:57:03 pm »
Quite so, boabacca. But there are those who would have you believe it's Musselburgh.  :-X

These places are never mentioned in Arrivée. I think I read that Forar has a top team and top pasties.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1293 on: 16 February, 2013, 03:09:56 pm »

These places are never mentioned in Arrivée. I think I read that Forar has a top team and top pasties.

NoNoNo :hand:

BRIDIES

« Reply #1294 on: 16 February, 2013, 03:13:21 pm »

BRIDIES

Bridies? what are they like then?

« Reply #1295 on: 16 February, 2013, 03:14:22 pm »
They're a bit like pasties ;)

« Reply #1296 on: 16 February, 2013, 03:17:37 pm »
They're a bit like pasties ;)
So top pastie = bridie. like I said

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1297 on: 16 February, 2013, 03:19:50 pm »

BRIDIES
[/quote]

[/quote]

The one's on the Snow roads are Food of the Goods
 :thumbsup:

they are also available for those who ride the Potter For Tea :)

« Reply #1298 on: 16 February, 2013, 05:05:40 pm »

The one's on the Snow roads are Food of the Goods

Well, they may be the food of the Goods, but I always thought Sonya's mum's omelettes/pancakes were the food of the Gods!

P.S    The stovies at Benderloch weren't bad either.

« Reply #1299 on: 16 February, 2013, 05:59:26 pm »
Still no Arrivee..